LSC seems to have followed suit with most of the other popular vendors these days and only opens up for a short amount of time and then has to close because they get flooded with orders. They opened up this time on Mother's Day (May 12th) and then closed up again a few short hours later. I'm so glad my friend Shelby texted me to let me know they were open, otherwise I would have had no idea because I was at my parents' house celebrating Mother's Day! I quickly bolted into their office and hastily placed my order. I had no list planned or anything, so I pretty much just put whatever in my cart and I ended up with a bit of a random selection. I would have loved to have purchased multiples of several of these, but as you can't adjust the totals from the cart, I just didn't have time. Oh well! Lesson learned, and next time I'll definitely have my list ready and put all the quantities I want in my cart upfront.
LSC was anticipating to go over their normal TAT of 21 business days for this opening, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a shipping notice in my e-mail after only 10 business days!! How awesome is that?! Pam is really cranking out the orders! Despite the growing pains that LSC has been facing these days, they will always be a favorite. They have AMAZING tarts, AMAZING customer service and they always let their customers know their expected TAT with individual e-mails! There is only one other vendor that I know of that sends out e-mails with a customized TAT estimate. I would love to see other vendors follow suit in that aspect.
Overall, I was pleased with this order! I am starting to tire a bit of fruity scents these days so I wish I would have gotten more bakery but you really just can't go wrong with anything made by LSC. Their blends are amazing, their tarts are absolutely packed with fragrance oil an are among the strongest I've ever tried. Without further ado, here's what I ordered. Enjoy =)
- Sweet Dreams - This is a blend of lavender, Pink Sugar and marshmallow. I am the hugest fangirl of LSC's lavender scent. It is a sweet lavender without having that dreaded laundry note to it that I can't stand. Their lavender is one of the only lavenders that I can tolerate these days as it seems so many vendors tend to use that laundry lavender scent. Yuck! Anyways, this is SUCH an awesome blend! I can smell the Pink Sugar and lavender equally, with a nice sweet, creamy background from the marshmallow. I do not melt tarts while I sleep but I love melting these kind of scents in the evening to help me unwind after a particularly stressful day.
- Lavender Cotton Candy - This was on of their new scents for this opening. It is a blend of lavender and cotton candy, no surprise there! As cotton candy does tend to be a lighter scent, the lavender is dominant here but I still get a really nice, sweet undertone of the cotton candy. I think if there was just a tiny bit more cotton candy in this one it would be perfect, but I still really like this one. It's very unique in that I don't believe I have any other lavender and cotton candy blends in my stash!
- Harmony - Another new blend. This one is lavender, lemon zest and coconut. I really like this one! The coconut note sticks out the most to me in this blend, and then you get the sweet lemon and floral background of the lavender. It almost has a touch of bakery sweetness to it. Another unique lavender blend that I've never seen before!
- Island Relaxation - This is an old favorite that I have repurchased a few times now. It is a blend of lavender and sweet coconut milk. The two notes blend equally here to create the absolute best lavender/coconut scent I've ever smelled. I swear, LSC's lavender goes with anything and everything! It's the perfect lavender for blending. Anyways, this is a blend that I will order again and again from LSC.
- Lavender Fairy Cakes - Yes, another lavender blend. I told you I couldn't get enough of their lavender =) This is yet another repurchase for me! It is a blend of lavender, yellow cake and buttercream. It is a super sweet bakery lavender scent, and while the lavender is a bit stronger, the bakery notes blend nicely with the lavender note so that it doesn't overpower them. It reminds me a lot of my beloved Lavender Pound Cake lotion and perfume I used to get from MMU/MMS Cosmetics back in the day! (Anyone remember them?)
- Lemon Coconut Angel Cake - All of the following 5 scents in this picture are all new blends for the summer. Sometimes lemon and coconut scents smell really odd together, but this blend is pretty fantastic! The lemon stands out to me a bit more but there's definitely a hefty helping of the coconut in this blend as well. I don't specifically smell any cake-y notes but I'd say this has an overall bakery feel to it. Really scrumptious!
- Lemon Cream Soda - This is a really good scent too. I don't really smell much of a cream soda note, but I do get a nice sweet lemon from it. I can't wait to melt this one to see if the cream soda note comes out a bit more. Maybe it's just one of those lighter scents that you can't really pick out on its own but lends a nice sweet note to any blend it's in. We shall see! Still a great scent, whether I can smell the cream soda or not.
- Lemon Scoop - This is a blend of Lemon Ice Box Pie, vanilla ice cream and a cookie crust. To me, this smells like lemon blended with ice cream scoop bread! I've been on an ICSB kick lately so I was super excited about this one. Whether or not it actually is ICSB, it pretty much smells like lemon ice cream in a waffle cone. Very nice and perfect for the summer!
- Peaches & Cream - I am currently in the middle of a love/hate relationship with peach scents. I used to LOVE every single peach scent but lately I've found that the super sweet ones smell weird to me when melting. Luckily, this one has that fresh and realistic peach note that I still love! This is not a stock peaches and cream oil, it is actually blended in-house by LSC with two different vanillas. Luckily, the vanillas in this aren't too sweet at all. In fact, I smell a hint of VBN in here which is a great blending vanilla without being too sweet. I am excited to melt this one!
- Peach Sorbet - Sadly, this one has that overly sweet peach scent in it that I just don't really care for these days. The description says it is a blend of Georgia peach, vanilla ice cream and sugar. I think it is the Georgia peach oil that a lot of vendors use that I don't like. I'll definitely be passing this one onto a new home!
- Strawberry Rock Candy - The rock candy blends are all new for the summer and I've gotta say, they aren't my favorite. Their rock candy scent is just described as "sugar crystal rock candy," but I smell a bit of cotton candy and some other kind of powdery candy sweetness. The rock candy scent itself is pretty light and doesn't really stick out in 2 of the 3 blends I purchased. However, I can definitely smell the rock candy in this strawberry blend. Rock candy blended with strawberry here actually smells a lot like the strawberry passion scent that a lot of other vendors have. I like it but it's not a favorite. I like both of the other strawberry scents I got much better!
- Strawberry Wedding Cake - I LOVE this one! They have one of the best strawberry scents around. This blend is described as white cake with strawberry filling, frosting and more strawberries on top. It's such a sweet, sugary strawberry scent that almost smells like strawberries and cream but with an added bakery note. This is definitely going to be a repurchase the next time I place an order. It is pure awesomeness.
- Strawberry Fields - Another repurchase, this is just their plain strawberry scent that they seem to use in all of their strawberry scents. Oh my GAWDDDDD it is such an amazing strawberry scent! It is right up there with CFTKR's Fresh Picked Strawberry. It is a strawberry that has that artificial, almost milky sweetness but with a touch of a fresh, authentic green stem note. Incredible! If you're a fan of strawberry scents and you've never tried this one, you absolutely must!
- Serendipity Confetti - Believe it or not, I'm kind of burnt out on Serendipity these days but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't get a couple blends. Being that I'm really into bakery scents lately, I wanted to get one that had a strong bakery note to it. This one is a blend of Serendipity, sweet candy and candied almonds. I get an almond cookie note, and since almond blends so naturally with the cherry notes in Serendipity, it makes for a really fantastic blend. Love it!
- Serendipity Rock Candy - I can't really smell the rock candy scent in this at all. To me, it pretty much smells like Serendipity with the slightest hint of powdery sweetness. Meh. I got one of these in my RTS order and passed that one on in my RR and I think this one might find a new home as well. It's not bad but I have so many other Serendipity blends that I love much more than this one. I think I'm the only one not really loving the rock candy blends because most people seem to really love them!
- Caramel Drizzle Cookies - This is another new scent and probably one of my favorites of the entire order! Lately I can't get enough cookie and caramel scents, I don't know why. Maybe I fruited myself out HAHA. Anyways, this is an awesome blend of caramel and butter cookies. Simple but awesome!! I have a ton of caramel/butter cookie blends in my stash right now but this one has jumped to the top of my list for sure.
- Coconut Flan - I got this as a sample in my last order and I had to order it this time around because it was so good! This scent is the perfect balance between caramel and coconut. I've smelled a few other coconut/caramel scents that were on the lighter side but this one is nice and strong. True love in a tart!
- Coco Mango Splash - This one I'm on the fence about. It's a really, really sweet mango scent. Almost too sweet for me. I like my mango scents to be a bit more on the fresher side than the super sweet side. I think this one might be getting a new home as well. My husband really likes this one though so maybe I'll keep it for him. We shall see!
- Coco Lime Cookies - This is another new scent and a surprise favorite of the order! I'm super picky with my lime scents but this one is absolutely fantastic. It is described as a blend of coconut sugar wafers and lime coconut creme. Perhaps because the coconut cookie note is blended with a coconut lime scent instead of just a straight up lime scent, the coconut is able to take center stage. I'm a huge fan of this one and I'll definitely be getting more in my next LSC order!
- Carnival Cakes - This is a blend of vanilla cake, cotton candy and marshmallow. It's very, very light but I can definitely smell all three notes in the blend. Marshmallow and cotton candy scents tend to be very light scents so it's not a surprise that it is so light. Hopefully with a bit more cure time it will be stronger when melted. It's definitely good but not a favorite.
- Pink Sugar Buns - Another repurch! LSC does pink bakery blends so well! It is described as a blend of Pink Sugar and "the aroma of walking into your favorite bakery." To my nose, it smells like a blend of Pink Sugar, donuts and a slight hint of zucchini bread. It's so yummy! It kind of reminds me of FP's Ultimate Bakery and RG's Simply Amazing Bakery but without the apple pie note. I don't really like those blends but I really like this one!
- Pink Marshmallow Shortbread - Yet another repurchase of a favorite. This is a sweet bakery Pink Sugar blend. I can definitely smell the sugary marshmallow and the crunch from the shortbread blended with the Pink note. So good. If you're at all into Pink bakery blends, this is a must-try for sure.
- Candy Land Dreamin' (x12) - This was an LE scent for the holidays last year and I fell in love with it! It is a blend of peppermint, lavender and vanilla. I have since tried to find a suitable peppermint/lavender replacement and none have even come close to this one! I was down to my last tart of this and I contacted the lovely ladies at LSC and they informed me that you can custom order a 12-pack in discontinued scents as long as they still have they oils in stock. They did and so I did! This is such a wonderful, relaxing blend. I can smell the lavender and peppermint equally and the vanilla adds a subtle sweetness that pulls it all together. I'm so glad to be stocked up on a favorite scent! I probably will share several of these as I don't know that I need all 12 of them....or maybe I do =)
- Sapphire Rock Candy - This is their blueberry and rock candy blend, which is weird because all I smell with this one is grape! I have to say though, my nose seems to be very sensitive to grape because I always pick up even the slightest grape note in scents. I know a lot of people love this blend though so it's probably just my nose. Since I don't really care for grape scents, I'm torn on keeping this one or sending it along to a more loving home. I may melt it though just to see if I get more blueberry from it then.
- Hawaiian Dreams - This is another new scent that is a blend of coconut, pineapple and plumeria. It smells SOOOOO good! The plumeria is definitely the main note here but the pineapple and coconut add the slightest touch of sweetness. Plumeria is a very sweet floral on its own so it blends really nicely with those fruit notes. It definitely takes me back to our honeymoon in Hawaii! I would have liked the coconut to be a bit stronger but overall I'm quite pleased with this blend.
And now for the freebies!
- Caramel Layered Torte (freebie) - I'm torn on this one. When I first smelled this scent, I got an overwhelming smell of zucchini bread but as it's cured a bit, the other notes come out more. It is described as sweet pastry, caramel ganache, and vanilla souffle. So yeah. No sign of ZB in the description but I swear it has it in there! It smells like caramel mixed with a very creamy ZB scent. I think I like it but I'll have to melt it to see!
- Blackberry Lime Rock Candy (freebie) - This one is pretty good! I am pretty iffy with both blackberry and lime scents but they smell good together in this blend. Again, I'm not really getting the rock candy note but I think it's adding a nice overall sweetness to the blend. The blackberry still has a bit of a floral note that blackberry scents tend to have so it's not a favorite, but still really nice!
- Vanilla Ice Cream Cone (freebie) - I was so excited to see this as a freebie because I had wanted to order it but totally forgot to put it in my order. It is a very light scent, but I can smell hints of vanilla ice cream and waffle cones. I'll definitely let this one cure for quite awhile before I melt it.
That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all again soon =)