Today I have a short post for you all to share with you a wonderful round robins that I participated in this week. This RR was started by Lindsey, the owner of Daphne's Divine. I was contacted by Lindsey to participate a few weeks back and I jumped at the opportunity. I haven't gotten to try a whole lot of Daphne's wax thus far but I have been really enjoying my last order so I was super excited. And of course, I LOVE doing round robins. I was taking a bit of a break from doing RRs for a few reasons, but mostly because I did so many during the fall and I was trying to melt through everything that I got before I added any new RR wax to my collection. I feel like the time has come to get back into RRs and the Daphne's one was a fantastic start to the season!
You can find Daphne's Divine here on their new website: Daphne's Divine Scents and Aromas.
For those of you who don't know, a round robin is when a group of people get together to swap wax in a traveling box. Generally, one person will decide to start the box and ask people if they'd like to participate. They fill a box with wax (in this case, all Daphne's wax), ship it to the first person in line, that person takes out the wax they want, fills it up with more wax, and ships it to the next person. This continues until the box reaches the person who started the box who now has a box full of new goodies!
It seems pretty simple but there is a lot that goes into a round robin. First and foremost, the key to having a successful RR is to have trustworthy people in your box. I have seen many RRs go awry when people either take out too much and don't replace it with quality wax or when people just up and steal the RR box altogether and never send it to the next person. It's always such a shame, especially when the people starting the boxes put a lot of thought (and good wax!) into the box to begin with. A general rule of thumb is to replace ounce for ounce, but also quality for quality. I always like to think about what I'd like to see in an RR box that I was receiving when I put wax back into a box. If you wouldn't want to receive an RR with something, don't put it in the box! It's as simple as that =)
Round robins are one of my favorite things about this wax community. When they go well, they are such a pleasure to participate in. Sometimes people are hesitant to do them because of all the RR horror stories out there, but when it's a good group of people, it's a blast! Part of the reason why I was so excited to participate in this Daphne's Divine RR was because there was such a great group of ladies involved. It was all bloggers, youtubers and vendors, so I was familiar and comfortable with everyone who was participating. I hope this post encourages you all to take part in some fantastic round robins this year. And hey, if you can't find anyone doing one, start one yourself! I have made some amazing friends in this community by starting round robins of my own.
Here is what the box looked like when it got to me. What a beautiful sight!
Without further ado, here are my take outs and put backs for the Daphne's Divine RR! These are all craptastic pictures taken with my iPhone, but I figured I'd show them anyways <3 Enjoy!
Take Outs: Everyone was allowed to take out around one pound of Daphne's wax and as much of the other wax in the box as we wanted. I took out a total of 41.65 ounces, 17.15 of which were from Daphne's. This was a super box, Lindsey really outdid herself with this one. So many fantastic scents in here from DD. I know everyone else left in the box will find some awesome stuff in there!
From Daphne's, I took out:
- Watermelon Cake - Such an awesome sweet watermelon scent! I'm not really getting a cake scent from this but still delish!
- Pistachio Pineapple Cake - Amazing! Lindsey always does such fantastic pistachio blends. You can smell both notes equally in here. I'll be needing more of this. Bravo!
- Butter Brickle Waffle Cone Cotton Candy - Butter brickle/cotton candy is always a favorite blend and the waffle cone adds some extra sweetness. So good.
- Buttery Blueberry Zucchini Bread - I am in love with everything that I took out but this is at the top of the list. It's a wonderful blueberry caramel bread type of scent. I tried this blend from another vendor and DD's is by far my favorite.
- Hot Fudge Brownie Latte - This was an obvious pick for me, as I am loving coffee and chocolate scents lately. I'm surprised more vendors don't have more blends combining the two because they are perfect together!
- Strawberry Vanilla Butter Waffle Cone - Awesome sweet strawberry scent! I need to try more strawberry scents with vanilla butter fudge, it's a great combination.
- Blueberry Lemon Sugar - This was a not-so-obvious pick for me but I still had to give it a go. The blueberry in here is yummy and sweet, but the lemon note is sort of odd. It's almost herbal! It's a fascinating combo and I can't wait to see what it smells like melted.
- Sweet Boo Berry Pops - I'm really loving the blueberry scents in this box, apparently! Another lovely sweet and bakery berry blend. These are the CUTEST tri-colored Hello Kitty heads with glitter.
From the other vendors, I took out:
- Rosegirls Extreme Strawberry Jam Twinkies - This was a must have for sure. I love RG's strawberry scents and I love their twinkie blends so this is a winner in my book. Going on my bag list for next time!
- Rosegirls Melon Mayhem - I got this in a bag last time but the floral note in the blend scared me away and I destashed it before ever giving it a shot. This time I am going to melt it to see, as I love melon scents!
- Rosegirls Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie - I normally do not care for RG's green apple scent but I want to give this a try because I love their caramel. We shall see. It smells great on cold!
- Rosegirls Pecan Waffle Fluff Puffs - This was another out of character choice for me. I normally do not like the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle scent but mixed with monster cookie and marshmallow smoothie, it is a winner! See that's the awesome thing about RRs - you get to try scents that you normally wouldn't pick out for yourself.
- Candles from the Keeping Room Strawberry Raspberry Guava - This was another scent I destashed without giving it a fair shot. I love this scent from other vendors so I'm sure I will love it from Carol! It's a nice, super sweet berry scent.
- Vintage Chic Scents Sweetheart Smoothie - I was so excited to see this in the box because it was one of the scents I regretted not getting more of. And I am pleased to say, this clamshell has absolutely none of the plastic-y scent I got with the clams from my order. Awesome!
- Vintage Chic Scents Flapper Girl - This was another scent I never would have picked out for myself. It's an appletini scent, which I believe has a touch of blonde moment in there. Really nice, a surprise for me for sure.
- L3 Waxy Wonders Mexican Wedding Cake Mallo Fluff - L3 is quickly becoming a favorite vendor of mine, she has really fantastic stuff. This is a lovely sweet lemon cake scent with a hint of tres leche in there. Yum!
- L3 Waxy Wonders Fruit Loop Cheesecake Serendipity - I get mostly serendipity and fruit loops, two scents I have been really loving lately!
- Lasting Scent Candles Caramel Drizzle Cookies - An all-time favorite scent. LSC has my favorite caramel note ever. This scent is pure bliss!
- Waxie Lady Peach Puree - This is a new vendor on the block that I haven't gotten the opportunity to try yet so I was excited to see this in the box. I'm not normally a peach fan but this one I really enjoyed. I'm curious to try this one out!
- Sassy Girl Aroma Cucumber Cantaloupe - This is one of my favorite Yankee scents of all time, and while the oil dupes of it are a bit more perfume-y than the original, I still love it. This one will be great once spring finally rolls around.
And here are my put backs! I put back 52.75 ounces into the box. I will just list these instead of boring you all with more scent descriptions =) I tried to put back a good variety of scents and vendors. Enjoy!
- Rosegirls: Baked Zucchini Bread/Monster Cookie/Marshmallow Smoothie, Waluigi's Wonderous Birthday Cake, Pomegranate Watermelon Smoothie and Toadstool Trifecta
- L3 Waxy Wonders: Mango Sorbet Coconut Watermelon and Serendipity Rainbow Sherbet Cotton Candy
- The Bathing Garden Pomegranate Lime Sweet Tart
- Rainbow Melts: Tutti Fruity/Wildberry Mousse/Cotton Candy and Gooey Caramel Cider
- Sugar Scoops: Chocolate Fondue Bar and Rainbow Wafers
- Glitterati: Pink Sugar/Serendipity/Bubble Gum and Lemon Biscotti
- Sniff My Tarts Sweet Lavender Marshmallow Cake/Raspberry/Cotton Candy
- Haley's Heavenly Scents: Strawberry Pound Cake and Granma's Raspberry Zinger
- Candles from the Keeping Room: Tangerine Dreams and Strawberry Filled Twinkies
- Up the Creek Scents: Jelly Donut Butter Cookies and Confetti Cake
- Front Porch: Cotton Candy Cookie Bread and Wildberry Lemon Poundcake
- Beezy Tarts: Starburst and Ice Cream Scoop Bread
- Lasting Scent Candles: Blackberry Cotton Candy and Virginia's Blueberry Cookies
- Vintage Chic Scents My Favorite Things
- Sugar and Spice Gourmet Soy: Frosted Strawberry Honeydew and Butter Brickle Ice Cream
And so concludes the Daphne's Divine round robin! I had so much fun participating, thanks again to Lindsey for asking me to participate <3 This box is already on its way to Ashley, the next person in line.
Hope you are all having a great week! I have lots of blog posts coming up so stay tuned! As always, thanks for stopping by <3