Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Post - Dana from Dana's Little Wax Blog

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having as fabulous a week so far as I am! 

Today I have another guest post for you. This time it's from Dana of Dana's Little Wax Blog! Dana is a great friend of mine, we actually met through a Cleveland nail bloggers meet up a few years ago and have been friends ever since! We always seem to have a lot of the same interests, so when I started my wax blog Dana was very intrigued! I sent her a box of wax to try and she's been obsessed ever since! Dana now lives out of state but we keep in touch pretty much daily and always visit when she is in town. I'm honored to have my nail polish soulmate and wax partner in crime posting here today! 

Today, Dana is going to share with us some of her most recent wax melts. Take it away, Dana!

~~~~
Hey there!

Today is my very first guest post as a wax blogger! Pretty exciting since my little blog is brand new! Even more exciting? Who I'm doing this guest post for! Jacqui is a great friend of mine AND she's the one who got me into wax! Very fitting indeed! :) Have a fun, safe trip to Florida and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks, girl! Here we go!


Better Homes And Gardens: Iced Carrot Cake - I really, really enjoy Better Homes And Garden's bakery scents. My absolute favorite cake is carrot cake. (In fact, we're having carrot cake cupcakes at my wedding!) This is AMAZING. In fact, I only have two cubes left. I love the spicy and moist notes to a classic carrot cake scent, it smells so realistic. So awesome. I need to pick up more the next time I'm in Walmart. This was STRONG but I loved it that way, it filled my entire apartment. Melted two cubes in my 20 watt.

Skinny Dip Soaps: Pink Sugar - This is one of their one ounce scent shots. I got this in a destash and it's the one and only Skinny Dip wax I've tried. It was your typical Pink Sugar scent, but I love Pink Sugar so I was happy with the results! It was really cute with pink glitter on the top too. :) For a little scent shot, the scent throw was medium - it was nice to melt in our bedroom in the evening. Melted in my 18 watt.

CFTKR: Harvest Indian Bread - Eh. I love CFTKR's Amish Cinnamon Bread so much more! I don't dislike this, it just didn't wow me in any way. I melted both bread tarts in my 18 watt, and I just had a nice, sweet bakery scent. Throw was really good though, medium.


Better Homes and Garden: Frosty Peppermint Snow - I am on the biggest peppermint kick right now. I have melted so much already, and I have so much on it's way! (In fact, this clam shell is empty, but I'm saving that for another post about my empty clam shells.) Frosty Peppermint is a fantastic, strong straight-up peppermint scent and I LOVE it! I found this for two bucks with free shipping on eBay and I haven't been able to find it that cheap again since. I'm keeping my eyes peeled! I melted two cubes each time at bedtime and it was so relaxing to fall asleep to. Nice strong scent and great throw for the bedroom. Melted in my 18 watt. 

Sweet Fixation: Frosted Lime Cupcake - OMG Jacqui I LOVE this one! Thank you! I've learned that not only do I love lemon scents, but I love lime as well! I need to place a Sweet Fixations order soon, I've fallen in love with everything I've melted from them so far, and I can't wait to try more! Frosted Lime Cupcake has that amazing tart lime scent with the bakery undertones - the perfect amount of each note! Bonus? It had green "sugar" sprinkled on the top of the tart! I melted a whole tart, and MAN was it STRONG! I should have known better since I only melted half a tart of Lemon Drizzle Bread and it was strong even then! This lasted seriously for two days, and it FILLED my entire apartment! I need more lime bakery scents for sure. Melted in my 20 watt.

Front Porch: Caramel Apple Funnel Cake: Another home run for me from Front Porch! I can be entirely hit or miss with with apple scents, but this is fantastic! I love the crisp apple scent blended with the creaminess of the caramel. I don't think I'm a fan of funnel cake scents, but I think the caramel apple here overpowers the scent. I've only smelled one straight up funnel cake scent (it's from FP too) and I wasn't really a fan, but maybe I just need to try another vendor or two. This had a nice medium throw in my 20 watt. 


Front Porch: Zucchini Bread Cupcake - If this is how my relationship with zucchini scents is going to be, count me in! I LOVED this one! I decided the next time I place my next vendor order I want to try a couple of other zucchini scents and see what I think of them too. This had such a creamy bakery scent that just warmed up my living room! Such a smooth scent if that makes sense. Melted in my 20 watt.

Front Porch: Funnel Cake - Now this was a miss for me. Don't really know which note hit me the wrong way, I think it might have been the notes of powdered sugar? It was just an awkward bakery scent. Every nose is different. The scent throw for this was pretty weak, which was fine since I wasn't feeling it. Melted in my 18 watt.

Better Homes and Gardens: Spiced Apple Wreath - Not a fan. Not enough spice, too much overly fake apple scent to me. Like I said, apple scents can be hit or miss to me. I don't know why I even bought this at Walmart, a few days later I was like "What Am I thinking?!" I melted two cubes in my 20 watt and had to dump it. Passed this along to a friend.


COMBO: Closet Full Of Wax's Ice Cream Scoop Bread and CFTKR's Buttermint - I've been trying my hand at blending a little bit more these days. This time I melted CFTKR's Buttermint first, which came in the mint 2 #11 sample bag. I loved the snowflake shape! I was a nice buttery mint scent but it wasn't doing too much for me. I had't tried any waxes from Closet Full Of Wax, so I threw in Ice Cream Scoop. (It was a prettiest tart! I love the iridescent glitter Michele puts on some of her tarts!) I LOVED this combination, but after an hour it was pretty much gone. No waxy after-smell, just nothing. Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Melted in my 20 watt.

CFTKR: Pink Sugar Milk - JACQUI! THIS IS AWESOME! I think every time I turn around there's more wax I want from Carol! It really never ends, does it? Pink Sugar Milk is just amazing. The milk adds a creamy lightness to the Pink Sugar scent, and MAN it was strong! I melted this in my bedroom starting two nights ago on and off, and it's after one-thirty in the afternoon on the second day and it's STILL going strong!  I need a big bag of this. A wax lover's wish list never really ends.


Closet Full Of Wax: Cotton Candy Serendipity - This didn't have the best results for me. I've had much better results with other Closet Full Of Wax scents that I'll be sharing in a later post. I didn't get much of the cotton candy, just Serendipity and it was a GREAT scent! Strong on the cherry, which I really enjoyed. The only problem? I could only smell it by having my face directly over my warmer. Which was such a shame considering it smelled so good. I got frustrated and dumped it after about an hour. Melted in my 20 watt.

CFTKR: Peppermint Patty - This is what started my chocolate peppermint obsession! This was another that came in mint 2 #11 sample bag. This too was in an adorable snow flake shape. This smells EXACTLY like a peppermint patty to perfection! Jeff and I both fell in love with this melting in our bedroom, it was so nice and strong and it lasted for over 12 hours! I ordered a couple different chocolate peppermint scents (from another vendor) yesterday thanks to this scent. LOVE!

Front Porch: Pumpkin Cheesecake - Not the best pumpkin scent and they can be one of my favorites. I think the creaminess of the cheesecake toned down the spiciness of the pumpkin a little too much, but all in all it was pretty nice. It had a really light throw, so I ended up adding one cube of BH&G Iced Carrot Cake to spice it up and I REALLY like the combo. 

Thank you so much for letting me do a guest post for you, Jacqui! Can't wait to see you soon!

<3 Dana
~~~~

Sounds like you had some great melts recently girl!! That Pumpkin Cheesecake/Carrot Cake combo sounds amazing!! And I'm so glad you loved the CFTKR Pink Sugar Milk! Thanks again to Dana for doing this guest post <3 Hope you all have a fantastic day and I will see you all again soon!

8 comments:

  1. You melted some great scents! I love frosty peppermint snow; peppermint scents are one of my favs for bedtime :) My closet full of wax tarts have been kinda frustrating for me- they've only lasted about an hour or so, but that was in a hot plate. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelby! Closet Full Of Wax is definately hog or miss, I really hope you find some you love! I'm telling you her fruit loops scent is amazing!

      Delete
    2. I was like...HOG OR MISS??? LOL!! ;)

      You had some great melts in your post, Dana! Cotton Candy Serendipity sounds good, I'm sorry it didn't perform well for you! I found Front Porch's Pumpkin Cheesecake to be too milky and...gross, LOL. Some of these have been added to my next time buy list! :)

      Delete
    3. Haha!!! I think I'm the only one who likes FP Pumpkin Cheesecake

      Delete
  2. Dana! Hi there, friend!
    Oh man you got me so excited for CFTKR's Pink Sugar Milk. I'm actually really impressed with the BHG cubes, too. Cheap & cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!!ugh, I just tried to order the last bag in her site & it was in someone else's cart *pouts* no fair! :p

      Delete
  3. I melted FP Caramel Apple Funnel Cake last night and I was not in love, but I didn't hate it either; I can really smell the funnel cake in mine!

    ReplyDelete