As you may notice from the dates, this is actually two weeks worth of melts. I took a few days off from melting last week and I've been pretty busy these past few weeks so I just haven't been melting as much in general. I need to up my game this week! Also, ever since taking a few days off from melting, I am finding that I can smell things much better and the scents seem to be lasting much longer for me. Anyways, I am leaving for vacation this Friday so this will probably be my last weekly melt post for the next few weeks.
Also, I am going to change the way I do these posts. Before, I would separate the different aspects of my review for each scent and it was just taking too much time. So, I'm just going to keep it simple and just do all parts of my review in one blurb. Also, I am no longer going to link to each vendor's site in my reviews. I plan on compiling a list of vendors, their abbreviations and their websites very soon and I will link it at the top of the page. I really did like the system that I was using and it was nice and organized, but again, just too time consuming. Maybe I'll switch back to that format later on down the road but for now, I need to try to keep things a bit more concise.
I once again didn't melt any candles. I really need to start melting through my candles, I am going to make that a goal for when I get back from vacation! In fact, I think I am going to start a project wax. More on that later.
Here's what I melted these past two weeks:
- Combo #1 - ScentSationals Raspberry Fizz and Front Porch Pink Sugar Marshmallow - This was such an amazing combo! Shoutout to my friend Dana over at Dana's Little Wax Blog (check out her blog, she just started it this week) for picking up this Scentsationals for me! Raspberry Fizz is a super sweet and effervescent raspberry scent. It smells like raspberry pop! The FP Pink Sugar Marshmallow added a nice sweetness to the Raspberry Fizz and they really worked well together! The Raspberry Fizz was still the dominant scent but the FP was definitely there. Strong scent throw on this combo. Used 1 cube of the ScentSationals and 1 FP tart in a 24-watt hotplate warmer. Lasted 12+ hours. Scentsationals and FP are two vendors that never let me down in terms of scent throw and longevity. Good stuff!
- Combo #2 - Candles from the Keeping Room Wildberry Mousse Noel and Beezy Tarts Pistachio Pudding Cake - I have been seeing a lot about this combo from various youtubers and I wanted to try it for myself. I used a full scent shot of the Beezy's and one CFTKR tart. It was a really nice combo but the Pistachio Pudding Cake definitely overpowered the Wildberry Mousse Noel scent. Together, the sweet berry scent really went well with the pistachio pudding cake scent but I wish I would have smelled more of the wildberry. I am going to try this again but next time, I will only use half of a scent shot of the Pistachio Pudding Cake. Strong throw together. Lasted about 8 hours.
- ScentSationals Coffee Cake Swirl - Yet another gift from the lovely Dana! This is a new scent for spring 2013 and I was having a hard time finding it here so Dana hooked me up.This scent is absolutely phenomenal, I don't know how I've lived without it this long. It is one of the most perfect cinnamon bakery scents I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. I can smell notes of flaky pastry as well as some sort of cake scent, and then a sweet frosting and a true cinnamon scent. No coffee notes here! Just the glorious scent of spiced coffee cake. Used 1 cube in a 24-watt hotplate. Strong throw. Lasted about 8 hours. Would repurchase this one again and again!
- Better Homes and Gardens Butterscotch Maple Cream - Whoa mama is this one strong!! It's definitely a super sweet butterscotch and maple scent. I can smell both notes in here. I used one cube in an 18-watt hotplate and it just about knocked me over all the way in a different room. Next time I melt this one I'll probably add some sort of vanilla scent to tone it down. If you're looking for something super sweet that will knock your socks off scent-wise, this is the tart for you!
- The Kissing Booth After Church: The Little Ones - I am not exactly the hugest Kissing Booth fan these days but I am pleasantly surprised by this one. The scent is a blend of frosted graham crackers and fruit punch, inspired by the owner's favorite after church snack as a child. This is such a yummy blend. The fruit punch note is tempered by the creamy graham cracker scent and together, it's a creamy-fruity-crackery-cookie blend. I honestly don't know that I will be ordering from this vendor again so I will have to ration what is left of this scent! Used 2 cubes in an 18-watt hotplate warmer. Medium-to-strong scent throw. Lasted about 6 hours.
- Sweet Fixations Banana Caramel Pound Cake - I did a lot of SF these past few weeks. Good stuff! Banana Caramel Pound Cake is probably my favorite banana-caramel-bakery scent ever. It has a true, ripe banana note, a strong caramel note, a slight nutty note and then an awesome cake note underneath it all. Most Banana Caramel Cupcake scents I've smelled are super heavy on the caramel but this is an even blend of all the notes. Amazing! I have a huge stash of these tarts and I've been passing them on in a lot of swaps and round robins lately so people get a chance to experience the awesomeness. 1 scent shot in an 18-watt hotplate warmer. Strong throw. Lasted 12+ hours. So awesome.
- Sweet Fixations Banana Cream - This one was pretty good, but not a favorite. I don't think I like the combination of banana with Pink Sugar, they smell kind of odd together. The Pink Sugar was the dominant note here but the banana is prominent as well. 1 scent shot in an 18-watt hotplate warmer. Medium-to-strong throw. Lasted about 8 hours. Not a repurchase.
- Sweet Fixations Georgia Peach - This is the perfect straight up peach scent. No perfume-y notes, nothing artificial. Just a nice, juicy peach scent. I need to get a few more of these. I think this would be great for blending too! Strong scent throw in a 24-watt warmer. Lasted about 12 hours. Love this one!
- Sweet Fixations Watermelon - Another great straight-up fruit scent. This one is a sweet watermelon scent, without the candied note that a lot of watermelon scents tend to have. Just sweet and juicy watermelon. Definitely one of the more authentic watermelon scents I've smelled. If only it were a bit stronger, it would be perfect. Medium scent throw in an 18-watt hotplate warmer. Lasted about 6 hours.
- Sweet Fixations Sinus Relief - This is a Vick's Vap-o-Rub scent. It has a strong herbal menthol note and that's about it. I'm finding that with the couple vendors' sinus relief tarts I've tried, they're not quite as strong as I would like them to be. If I need sinus relief, I need to be able to breathe in and feel the menthol clearing my chest and sinuses. It was about a medium throw but I would have loved for it to be punch-me-in-the-face strong. Lasted 12+ hours.
- Front Porch Lemon Cotton Candy - This is incredible. It jumped right up into my top 10 scents of all time the moment I could smell it when melting. You can smell the lemon, of course, but there is a super strong note of cotton candy as well. I haven't been having much luck with FP cotton candy blends lately but this one is an exception. It's so strong and so good. It smells like some sort of lemonade drink you would get at the county fair. Amazing is an understatement. Strong throw in a 24-watt hotplate warmer. Lasted 12+ hours. SO GOOD.
- Front Porch Sweet Pine Noel - Yet another Front Porch favorite! I got this one out of Shelby's round robin. The pine in this is very sweet, and then you get the added sweetness from the Vanilla Bean Noel. I don't know how else to describe it other than a super sweet pine scent. It's not really a bakery sweetness, but just a creamy sweetness. Make sense? No? Well, order this next holiday season and you'll see what I mean! It's so awesome. Strong throw in a 24-watt hotplate. Lasted 12+ hours.
- Front Porch Cherries Jubilee Ice Cream - This one I got out of Stephanie's round robin. These were in the super cute mini ice cream scoop shapes. Out of all the unique shapes I have in my tart collection, these ice cream scoops are among my top favorites. The scent was fantastic as well. It was a super strong, sweet cherry scent with almost a syrup-y sweetness to it. There's also the sweet, creamy ice cream note and a hint of chocolate as well. The husband said that this one smelled like a cherry cordial and I have to agree. I am in love with both chocolate and cherry scents lately so this was a really good pick for me. Strong scent throw. Lasted about 8 hours.
- Candles from the Keeping Room Coconut Strawberry Cake - This one was quite yummy! I'm used to seeing raspberry/coconut blends so to see a coconut/strawberry blend was a nice change of pace. The coconut is just a hair stronger in this blend but I could smell the strawberry in there as well. I didn't get much of a cake note but that's fine with me because the strawberry and coconut scents blended really well together. Medium-to-strong scent throw in a 24-watt hotplate. Lasted about 8 hours.
- Candles from the Keeping Room Honeydew & Whipped Cream - This was a nice surprise all around! I was out shopping with my mom last weekend and when I came home, the husband had done a bit of cleaning and had popped this tart into the warmer, all by himself! How adorable is that? This scent isn't a favorite in my stash off of cold throw but I was pleasantly surprised when this was melting! The honeydew is a very strong and fresh and has a bit of a floral/powder note to it. However, this powder-y not wasn't at all unpleasant. In fact, it was AWESOME! I'm not sure I smelled much whipped cream, but I did get a super strong floral-honeydew scent. Really, really good. Kudos to the hubby for picking this one out! Strong throw in a 24-watt hotplate warmer. Lasted 12+ hours.
- Candles from the Keeping Room Strawberries and Cream - Yum. That's all I really have to say about that. Haha okay, I guess I can share a bit more. This is a very sweet, creamy strawberry scent. Yes, it is an artificial strawberry scent but I LOVE it. It smells like these cupcake dolls I used to have when I was a kid. Does anyone remember those? It's a very nostalgic scent. Anyways, I got a medium-to-strong scent throw with this one in a tealight warmer. Lasted about 5 hours. I will always need to have this in my stash!
- Rosegirls Celtic Moonspice Pancake Batter - Someone hand me a rag, I can't stop the drooling! This one was incredible! Celtic Moonspice is one of my favorite spice-based scents, it's a nice, cinnamon-y scent with a hint of a bakery undertone. Pair that with the scent of fresh pancake batter with the slightest hint of maple syrup and you've got a real winner on your hands. It's amazing! I first started out melting a chunk in my 24-watt hotplate and got a strong throw from it. I wanted the rest of the downstairs of my house to smell like it so I did a small chunk in a tealight warmer in the front of my house as well. My whole house smelled like a cinnamon pancake. Wonderful. As my friend Shelby would say, it's a great breakfast scent!
- Rosegirls Pumpkin Creme Brulee - I got this one out of Shelby's round robin. This is another hit from Rosegirls. The blend itself isn't unique, as it smells exactly like my Pumpkin Creme Brulee tarts from Tiffany Candles. This little chunk just about knocked my socks off with scent throw. You get a really nice pumpkin pie scent with lots of spice and then the crunchy caramel creme brulee note. This is a very "Jacqui" kind of scent. Lasted 12+ hours. Glorious!
- Lil' Kitchen Candles Serendipity Cotton Candy - I didn't have much luck from the last LKC tarts I melted (little legos in Circus) but this one was fantastic! I didn't get much cotton candy, just a nice strong Serendipity scent. Perhaps the cotton candy added an extra bit of sweetness to the blend. Used 1 Hello Kitty tart. Strong scent throw in an 18-watt warmer. Lasted about 8 hours. Really good but nothing too special, I have lots of other serendipity blends where I can smell the other notes better.
- The Scented Princess Strawberry Satsuma - This was the first thing I melted from the Scented Princess and I have to say, I was quite impressed with the scent throw. However, the blend was very one-sided. I could pretty much only smell the satsuma with a slight hint of strawberry here and there. Off of cold throw, most of the blends I got from this vendor were pretty heavy on one note so hopefully with time, she will get better with blending. I melted 1 of these large scallop tarts in a 24-watt warmer. Medium-to-strong scent throw. Lasted about 8 hours.
- Yankee Candle Black Coconut - This was definitely my favorite scent out of all of their new scents for spring. This is a deep coconut scent with a background of musk and a bit of a perfume-y note as well. Really nice. I would call this one a "sexy coconut" scent. I melted this in a tealight warmer and had a super strong scent throw for about 3 hours but it fizzled pretty fast. By hour 4, I couldn't smell this one at all. I have a candle in this scent and I can't wait to melt it because I know there will be a nice, stready scent with that one.
- Ollie's Soaps Elf Sweat - Another pick from Shelby's RR box. This was a popular scent around the holidays. It is a peppermint scent with a strong effervescent note and the slightest hint of spice. You know me and effervescent scents - I just can't resist them! I can definitely see why this would be popular around the holidays, as I've heard it compared to the scent of ribbon candy. Really nice. I got a medium-to-strong scent throw off of just one of these little stars. Lasted about 5 hours in a tealight warmer. Next time I'll probably throw the last two of these in a hotplate warmer to get a more long-lasting scent.
- Can-Do-Candles Lessie's Coco-Mint Frost - This is an amazing blend of creamy coconut and mint! I had never seen a coconut and mint scent before but now they seem to be popping up everywhere. In fact, I received a coconut mint scent from Rosegirls yesterday and it is just as awesome! This one is pretty evenly blended between the creamy coconut scent and peppermint. It wasn't as strong as I had hoped when I melted it, about a medium scent throw in a 24-watt hotplate. I really like this blend so if the Rosegirls one doesn't perform well for me I will for sure be buying a couple more of these.
- Orchid Lake Caramel Coconut Cookie - This one was a nice coconut and caramel cookie scent. I could smell the caramel, the coconut and the cookie notes equally in this blend. However, it just had a medium scent throw for me. I'm finding that a lot of my Orchid Lake bakery scent shots (even the 2 oz. ones) aren't quite as strong as I would like them to be. It had a medium scent throw in an 19-watt hotplate. It was a very pleasant scent but if only it was a bit stronger, it would be perfect. I have another one of these coming in my most recent order and I am going to try that one in a 24-watt hotplate to see if I can get a stronger throw from it.
- Orchid Lake Pixie Dust - This one, however, was nice and strong! This one is a blend of pomegranate, berries, peppermint and vanilla. If you've ever smelled a Tinsel scent, this one is very similar but with a strong pomegranate note. Really nice and refreshing! I need to get my hands on more of this scent for sure. Strong scent throw in a 24-watt hotplate. Lasted 12+ hours.
- Pics, Petals and Scents Iced Lemon Cookies - This was a birthday gift from Shelby. Man, was this one fantastic! Iced Lemon Cookies scents are a lot different from most other lemon bakery scents because they have a strong almond-y undertone, almost like a biscotti note. Love that! I get a nice, sweet lemon with a crunchy, almond cookie scent. Super strong scent throw in an 18-watt hotplate. Lasted about 12 hours. Great performance for just a teeny 1 oz scent shot! Color me impressed.
- Sugar and Spice Gourmet Soy Peach Margarita - I'm really into peach scents lately and this is a nice change of pace from all the sweet and bakery peach scents I've been melting. I don't really get much of a lime note per se, but I do get a really tart, almost fizzy note along with the sweet peach. It does have a bit of an artificial note to it but I actually like that about this scent. Strong scent throw in a 24-watt hotplate warmer. Lasted about 8 hours. Definite repurch!
- Nene's Kitchen Melts Cherry Chip Cake - I have been having awesome luck with my Nene's tarts lately! If you've never tried this vendor, I highly suggest it. This is another nostalgic scent for me, it's a super creamy, fake cherry scent with a hint of an underlying cake batter scent. I know that the words "fake" and "cherry" don't sound like they would make for a really yummy scent, but I promise they do. Again, it smells like some kind of scented doll that I had as a kid. I just ordered 8 ounces worth of this scent today because it seems like she's discontinuing this oil. Strong scent throw in a 24-watt hotplate. Lasted about 8 hours.
- Sugar Works unnamed mystery tart - Sugar Works (a.k.a Isle of Eden) is a very popular bath and body vendor who is famous for her body scrubs. I placed an order from her in October and received this as a freebie. It's a wonderful orange creamsicle bakery kind of scent. So strong and so awesome. Unfortunately, I believe that she shut down her online store and only sells her products in a brick and mortar store. Bummer because this was really fantastic. I would definitely order this one again if I could.
That's it for today kiddos! I hope that my new melt review method is okay for you guys. Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all soon!