There's a few things about Front Porch that I don't love. First of all, being that she is RTS, not all the scents from her scent list are available all the time in tarts. She makes about 10-15 new scents each day and at any given time there are probably about 75 or so different scents available in tarts on her site. However, she does take scent requests on her Facebook page and tries her best to accommodate those requests. Also, if you are absolutely desperate for a scent and she doesn't have it in her RTS stock at the moment, you can order it in a candle, as those are always available as a custom order. Another thing that I don't love about Front Porch is that the wax seems to have a bit of a base scent. I'm not sure if it's from the molds not being cleaned well between making of the tarts or if the wax really does have a base scent. It's not too bothersome, but sometimes certain scents don't seem to work well with that base smell. But that's very rare.
The prices of the tarts are a bit higher than most vendors but one has to remember that shipping with Front Porch is always FREE! In the end, I'm more than willing to pay a bit more for the tarts for free shipping. She used to do a free pack with every $25 purchase, but now it's 10% off once you hit $25. Not as good a deal when you're only ordering $25 worth of stuff but when you're placing a bigger order, that 10% can really make a dent in the order. Front Porch has definitely been through some growing pains in the past year but in the end, the pros far outweigh the cons and I continue to be an avid Front Porch fan.
These are two combined orders. Here's what I got (sorry these photos are a bit out of focus):
- Caramel Apple Funnel Cake - *passes out from the deliciousness* This one is scrumptious! It's stronger on the caramel apple note but there is definitely that friend dough note from the funnel cake scent as well. SO GOOD!!
- Raspberry Preserves - This is a great tart, raspberry scent. It's pretty authentic as far as berry scents go. No other notes here, just a strong, yummy raspberry! Delish!
- Tea Time - This is a blend of her black tea and sugar scents. This one is very strong! It smells like fresh brewed tea with a hint of a floral note that most tea scents tend to have. Very refreshing! I prefer tea scents blended with other things so I'm looking forward to coming up with some combos with this!
- Iced Tea with Lemon - Love this one! The tea note is dominant here but you get a nice hit of the lemon scent as well. I've been really into lemon tea scents lately since Bath and Body Works released their AMAZING London Calling candle. That is still my favorite lemon tea scent but Front Porch's version is great too!
- Pink Sugar Marshmallow - Have I mentioned how much I ADORE Front Porch's marshmallow scents? They are truly amazing. This is a fantastic blend of Pink Sugar and marshmallow. And dare I say it's stronger on the marshmallow? It's so yummy!
- Coconut Cream Pie - Another winner! You can smell the coconut, the cream and even the pie crust. Scrumdiddilyumptious!
- Pink Sugar Noel - This is a blend of the famous Pink Sugar and Vanilla Bean Noel scents. Always a classic. This one is definitely heavier on the Pink Sugar but the VBN note adds a nice creaminess. Out of Pink Sugar Marshmallow and this, the marshmallow one is my favorite but this one is still very nice.
- Lemon Marshmallow (free packs, 2) - This was from the beginning of the year when she was still trying out the pre-selected free pack with $25 order option. Lemon Marshmallow is one of my favorites! It's a great blend of sweet lemon and marshmallow. These tarts are about half the size of her normal ones but that's okay because they were free!
- Monkey Farts - This is a popular scent with lots of vendors and it's one of my favorites. It's a sweet candied banana with slight hints of other fruits. Love it!
- Nana's Banana Pudding - This is a creamy, candied banana scent. It smells exactly like banana runts! I know some people don't like this kind of scent but I loooove it!
- Honeydew Melon - Not my favorite honeydew scent. It smells like a chlorinated pool. Yuck!
- Serendipity Laundry - This is a blend of Serendipity and a laundry detergent scent. This one is interesting. The laundry scent is definitely dominant here but I can definitely smell the Serendipity. I'm not sure about this one. I think I like it. We shall see when I melt it!
- Pink Roses - This is a blend of Pink Sugar and roses. I really like this one! The rose is dominant but the Pink Sugar is definitely there. I can't wait to melt this!
And that's my Front Porch order! I placed another small order this week and after that I'm really going to try to use up more of my FP stash before I order more because I have so much! We'll see how long that lasts though because she's been adding a lot of new scents lately and I can't seem to resist the free shipping =)
Be back soon with yet another haul =)