Ten Digit Creations is fast becoming a favorite company of mine. Their stuff is "no-frills" - the wax has no dyes, the labels are simple brown paper, and the tarts are made in aluminum muffin tins. Because of this, their tarts are really reasonably priced and the TAT is super fast, usually around 2-3 days max. They also have a lot of different scents on their scent list, including tons of non-bakery scent. Don't get me wrong, I love bakery scents but sometimes a girl needs a little change of scenery.
This is a small order, I just got a 13 pack of individual tarts. Here's my order:
- Merlin's Forest - This is a blend of amber, cedar, rose and bergamot. Definitely out of my comfort zone! I usually like all those notes individually so I figured I would like a blend with all of them together. Unfortunately, this one was a no-go for me. The amber and the rose mixed together makes a super duper powdery scent. Yuck!
- Purple Sandalwood - Another one that is out of my comfort zone! The notes are sandalwood, violet, cashmere, peach blossoms, lavender, vanilla and musk. Again, I like most of those notes on their own so I figured this might be a good one. It's actually not bad! The violet and sandalwood are the main things I smell here. Usually I prefer sandalwood blended with vanilla but mixed with the floral notes here it's not bad! Probably not a favorite but I'm glad I tried it.
- Vintage Vanilla - Yet another different kind of scent for me. This one is bourbon vanilla, cedarwood, patchouli, amber and sandalwood. This one is AMAZING! The scent is very familiar to me but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. I'm pretty sure it's a dupe for something. It's a very deep, earthy and woodsy vanilla. So good! And I usually don't like woodsy scents.
- Violet Vixen - This is a blend of violet and lime. I love violet, I love lime and I for sure love them together! The violet is the predominant note here but the lime adds a burst of freshness. Really pretty!
- Summer Fresh - BLAH. This smells like the cheap soap used in public restrooms. DO NOT WANT.
- Forget Me Not - This one is amazing. It is a re-order. as I got a sample of this in my first order. It is the most beautiful fresh flower scent I've ever smelled. It's such a true flower scent! You can even smell the fresh-cut green stems. I heard someone refer to this as a spa scent, not a floral, and I can definitely see that. It's amazing! Even if you don't like florals, I suggest trying this. It's SO GOOD.
- Ginger Ale (x2) - This was another reorder of my favorite TDC scent! Ginger ale is an amazing fizzy pop scent blended with ginger. AMAZING!!! If you are into citrus scents at all, try this! You won't regret it. It's amazeballs.
- Hansel & Gretel's House - This is a yummy gingerbread scent. I can smell a frosting note in this one. Love!
- Monkey Bread - Another re-order. This is a spicy scent with brown sugar, cinnamon, caramel and walnuts. There's no bread scent to this but no matter because it is divine!! When I melted the one from my last order it lasted over 24 hours. Now that's impressive!
- Lollipops - I've heard great things about this scent so I had to order it. It smells like a cherry lollipop! The cherry is a good cherry, sweet and juicy. It almost has a hint of citrus to it. I can see why this one is so popular!
- Sunday Morning - This smells EXACTLY like Bath and Body Works Creamy Nutmeg. Like, dead on. They don't make Creamy Nutmeg anymore so I was super excited when I sniffed this one! It's a creamy scent with a hint of sweet spice. Yum!!
- Beach Daisies (freebie) - This one smells like suntan lotion mixed with flowers. Not a fan.
- Lavender Lemongrass - This one is awesome! It's a nice herbal lavender with the fresh, crisp scent of lemongrass. Something about it reminds me of the cabin we stayed in the town of Volcano Village in Hawaii so that makes me very happy!
There you have my little TDC order. I definitely went out on a limb with some scents but with tarts so cheap, it's a great opportunity to try some new scents. Hope you've enjoyed this post and I'll be back shortly with yet another haul =)