I have been interested in ordering from Sweet Fixations for quite some time but I heard mixed reviews on their products. I finally decided to take the plunge and try them for myself and I'm so glad that I did because they smell absolutely fantastic off of cold throw. Sweet Fixations has both RTS (ready to ship) and custom products available. I decided to go with a custom order because there were several scents that I wanted to try that weren't available as RTS. Even with the custom order, TAT was only 7 days.
I have heard that these do best with a longer cure time so I will let these sit for about a month before I melt them. As I'm writing this, I've already had them for over 2 weeks so it won't be long now before I can melt these bad boys! Overall, I am really enjoying these off of cold throw and I hope they perform well. Also, I love the labels she uses, the are very colorful and the pictures correspond with the scent. So cute! I ordered mostly scent shots but I also ordered a mystery sampler that came in the scallop tarts. I always tend to go for scent shots over scallops just because I do have a larger house so the more wax, the better!
Let's just jump right into what I ordered. Keep in mind, these reviews are off of cold throw only.
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake - Yum!! The lemonade is the strongest note in this with hints of sweet strawberry and cake. This is really good but I was hoping for a bit more of a cake note. Maybe it will come out more with some curing. Either way, super delish.
- Cotton Candy Frosting - This is that same cotton candy scent as the one from Ten Digit Creations. Smells like the body spray from my childhood! Super sweet and so good.
- Grapefruit and Strawberries - This one was okay. I'm having a hard time finding a vendor that has a true, tart grapefruit scent. This one smells kind of fake to me. The strawberry is your typical fake strawberry as well which I do like. It's not bad, and perhaps it will do better when melted.
- Pink Rose - This is supposed to be a blend of Pink Sugar and rose. I smell absolutely no Pink Sugar but that's okay because I love rose scents and this is a good one. Maybe I'll throw in a PS tart with it to bring out that note.
- Bread and Butter - This is fantastic! This isn't a zucchini bread scent (thank goodness) but rather a sweet bread scent. It almost reminds me of Sugar Corn Pudding with a buttery note to it. I love this one!
- Brown Sugar Cake - This one is super weird. I was expecting a sweet, brown sugar note but the brown sugar in here is actually the Brown Sugar and Fig scent. I do like Brown Sugar and Fig but it has a perfumey note to it that doesn't blend all that well with the cake note. Kind of strange.
- Butter Brickle Crunch - The notes in this are vermont maple, toffee and butter. I smell the toffee with hints of maple and butter. Definitely has that "crunchy" aspect to it. Not a scent I normally gravitate towards but I'm glad I got it because it's really good.
- Peach Cobbler - This is a typical peach cobbler scent, nothing special. I get a sweet peach note mixed with a crusty note and the slightest hint of spice. Good but not one of my favorites. I prefer brighter, fresher peach scents.
- Banana Waffle Cone - I absolutely LOVE Sweet Fixations banana scents. This one is a nice, fresh banana scent with a background of crunchy waffle cone. Very yummy!
- Banana Caramel Pound Cake - This has replaced CFTKR Banana Caramel Cupcake as my favorite banana scent ever. It is PHENOMENAL! It smells exactly like freshly baked banana nut bread. The banana scent is like a ripe banana, not fake at all, and then you can smell the caramel and cake notes. DROOLWORTHY.
- Pink Banana Cream - This is a blend of Pink Sugar and banana. This is a great blend, as I can smell both parts equally and they smell really good together. Another winner!
- Lemon Almond Cake - OMG this one is fantastic! This is a sweet lemon with almond cake. Simple yet so delicious. Yet another Sweet Fixations tart that smells exactly like its name.
- Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - This one is a blend of lemon and coconut, which on their own are two of my favorite scents. Together though, I'm not so sure. There's a sweet, powdery note to it that kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Meh.
- Lemon Noel - Lemon and vanilla bean noel. Classic, delicious and strong. Yum!
- Satsuma - Satsuma is another name for a mandarin orange. I was hoping this one would be a dupe for The Body Shop's Satsuma, but it was not. It's a strange, fake orange scent. Not a winner.
- Mango and Tangerine - Now this one is good. Fresh mango with a kick of tartness from the tangerine. Very juicy smelling. Love it!
- Fizzy Pop - I was hoping this was going to be a dupe for my beloved Wildberry Fizzy Pop incense. It was not. But that's okay, because I've found a perfect dupe in OLC's Lemon Lime Twist. Anyways, Fizzy Pop is a super strong sweet, fizzy, citrus scent. It kind of smells like a shoe store? Weird, I know. Not really a fan of this one.
- Jamaica Me Crazy - This is a blend of tropical fruits - coconut, banana, melon, citrus, etc. Yuck. It smells like a cheap, fruity air freshener. Very strong.
- Lavender Serendipity - This is a blend of Serendipity (basically, cherry and coconut) with lavender. Not a favorite. The herbal quality of the lavender brings out the medicinal quality of the cherry. Could be good when melting, though. The jury's still out on this one.
- Blue Hawaii - Like the drink, this one is a blend of orange, pineapple, lemon, cherry, rum and coconut. This is MUCH better than the actual drink. I get mostly cherry and coconut in this one. So yummy! Now if only they made a Mai Tai scented tart...
Now here is the mystery sampler. Obviously, I did not know what scents would be in this one but I was pleasantly surprised.
- French Toast - Oh so yummy. The notes are bread, cinnamon and sweet vanilla. It smells like cinnamon toast! I would expect a french toast scent to have that maple note to it but I don't mind that this one does not because it is amazing! What can I say, I love my cinnamon bakery scents =)
- Sweet Lullaby - This is a blend of lavender, vanilla, and "clean sheets." Smells like fabric softener. NOT laundry detergent. Yes, I can detect the difference. And I actually kind of like this one! Definitely a surprise, and I would have never ordered this one on my own.
- Red Velvet Cake - This one is very heavy on the chocolate note, with a hint of frosting. It's good, but it doesn't beat Front Porch's Red Velvet scent. Not a repurch.
- Lemon Pound Cake - Good, standard lemon pound cake scent. Every vendor needs a good lemon cake scent and this one fits the bill.
- Sugar Cooke - This is a very sweet sugar cookie scent. Has an almost fruity note to it. Not my favorite sugar cookie. I'll probably just blend this with something else.
- Berry Creme Brulee - YUMMM! This smells very similar to their Berries and Pancakes scent but that's okay because it's simply delicious. I don't really get a "burnt" note that creme brulee scents tend to have, it's just a lovely, creamy berry scent. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
That's all for now! It's a fairly big order for a first purchase from a vendor but there were so many yummy sounding scents on her scent list. I am very pleased with this order and I can't wait to see how they do in a warmer.
Thanks for stopping by today <3 I'll be back tomorrow with my very first weekly melt reviews! I'm so excited!!