I started ordered from online vendors (again) in mid-October and mainly stuck to the same few vendors at first. Starting in December, I became comfortable enough with what my likes and dislikes were that I started branching out to new vendors. However, a lot of these orders didn't arrive until January and although some of those scents may be my favorites now, I am strictly sticking to stuff that I tried in 2012. Next year there will probably be a much bigger variety of vendors on my favorites list!
It was definitely hard to narrow down my favorites. I ended up choosing them based on several factors: whether I felt a strong need to repurchase, how they performed both cold and hot, and whether or not I will continue ordering that scent this year after having tried several new vendors and scents this year.
Without further ado, here is the list, in no particular order. Enjoy!
The Scholarly Nail's Top 10 Wax Scents of 2012
- Tiffany Candles Winter Dreams - This is an amazing spicy-fruity blend with mulberry, cinnamon and hints of pine. The scent description makes it sound like your average spicy holiday scent but it is so much more special than that. It is hard to describe if you haven't smelled it. It's a wonderful creamy, spicy, fruity scent that while perfect for the holidays, will for sure be melted all year round in my house. Before she closed up shop for the holidays, I placed an order for 24 heart tarts in this scent. It's that good! (Tiffany Candles).
- Candles from the Keeping Room Grapefruit Mango - It's no secret that I love grapefruit scents and this one is at the tippy-top of my list. The mango mellows out the tartness of the grapefruit and together they create an almost spa-like, fresh scent. I can't get enough of this one, and will be melting tons of this once spring rolls around. (CFTKR).
- Lasting Scent Candles Peppermint Marshmallow Snow - I was super bummed that Bath and Body Works didn't bring back their Marshmallow Peppermint candle so I was determined to find a dupe from an online vendor. This one from LSC was pretty close! It lasted forever in all the warmers I tried and it lingered in my house for days. Love at first sniff! (LSC).
- Cinnamon Donut scents (various vendors) - I am positively OBSESSED with cinnamon donut scents. This is a common scent with most vendors and I have tried it from Bath and Body Works, CFTKR, LSC, and Tiffanys and I'm sure I will try many more this year. They all have that wonderful scent of walking into a bakery. If you haven't tried a donut scent yet...what are you waiting for?!
- Candles from the Keeping Room Jelly Donut - Yes, another donut scent. This one doesn't have the cinnamon note but a deliciously sweet raspberry jelly note along with the fried dough scent. So sweet, so good. And it lasts FOREVER. Like, 2 days in a 24-watt warmer. If only all my other tarts would last that long!
- Froot Loops (various vendors) - Another favorite scent that is carried by many different vendors. They all smell the same - a strong citrusy blend that smells EXACTLY like the cereal! It's amazing! I especially love Froot Loops blends, with other fruity scents as well as with bakery scents! Yum! I'm trying really hard not to OD on Froot Loops but I could melt this scent for days and days on end and I'd be happy =)
- Front Porch Cotton Candy Cookies - This is an amazing blend of cotton candy and sugar cookies. It's hard to find a good, strong cotton candy scent but this one definitely fits the bill. Blended with the sugar cookie scent, it is absolutely amazing. I'm kind of iffy on Front Porch these days but I've yet to find another cotton candy scent that is as good as this one! (Front Porch).
- Beezy Tarts Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar - This scent is phenomenal. It smells exactly like sweet potato and marshmallow casserole that is so familiar to American Thanksgiving meals. It's uncanny. You can smell the spices, the brown sugar, the marshmallow and most importantly, the sweet potato. It's amazing, and has a super strong scent throw to boot! (Beezy Tarts)
- Serendipity (various vendors) - This scent is all the rage in the wax world right now. It is a blend of cherry, coconut and some other stuff. Some people say they smell more coconut or more cherry in certain vendors' Serendipity scents. To me, they all smell the same - DELICIOUS! Serendipity is seen in a lot of blends as well and so far my favorite Serendipity blends usually involve some sort of marshmallow.
- Candles from the Keeping Room Banana Caramel Cupcake - Aaaand yet another CFTKR scent. What can I say, she's my favorite vendor! Anyways, one day my husband mentioned that I didn't have enough banana scents so I ordered a big bag of this one for him. I am so glad that I did because it kicks butt! You can smell the caramel, the banana and the cupcake notes in this one. The banana scent isn't cloying or fake and it really blends nicely with the other notes. Every since purchasing this scent, I have become obsessed with banana scents and am on the hunt for good ones. I've found some winners but this is still at the top of my list!
Well there you have it folks. My top 10 scents of 2012. I'd love to hear what yours are so I TAG EVERYONE!!