TAT was SUPER fast, 2 days from the time I ordered from the time my order arrived on my doorstep. Gotta love that! The MO of Ten Digit Creations is simplicity. Their tarts have no color or dyes, they are made in simple aluminum cupcake wrappers and labeled with simple brown labels. The simplicity cuts down drastically on cost and time required to make them. I'm still not clear whether or not these are RTS but either way, I'm very impressed with that aspect of the company.
As far as the scents that I got, I definitely had more hits than misses. Off of cold throw, I was definitely impressed. It's great to see a vendor that has more than just your standard bakery and fruity scents. I branched out of my comfort zone with a few of the scents and I'm glad that I did. I have heard mixed reviews on the performance of these when melting, however. Some say that the throw is not so great but I am going to let these cure for a good month or so and I will let you all know what I think of them. Hopefully they do well because I already went ahead and placed a second order for a few more =) For the price of these, I'm willing to have a few duds to find some real gems.
Anyways, here are the freebies and the first part of what I ordered.
- Sparkling Citrus (freebie) - Definitely not a fan of this one. I don't really smell any citrus, it smells like a cheap handsoap. Yuck.
- Forget Me Not (freebie) - This is absolutely amazing. Such a true, fresh floral scent. I can even smell hints of freshly-cut green stems in this. I'm not quite sure what forget-me-nots smell like, but this tart is definitely one of the best floral scents I've ever experienced. I picked up one of these in my next order =)
- Lemongrass & Sage - When I worked at Bath and Body Works, we had a scent called Lemongrass and Sage, and it smells exactly like this. The thing is, we had heard that it made a good bug spray so that's what I used it for many years. To me, this smells like bug spray. It's not a fresh lemongrass and crisp sage scent. Just bug spray.
- Serendipity - This is the typical Serendipity scent that is all the rage these days. Cherry, coconut, orange and vanilla. Delicious!! Smells like all the others.
- Berry Verbena - I really like this one! The sweetness of the berries tones down the sharpness of the verbena nicely. I'm not sure I'd reorder this one but it will be a good one to melt on a spring cleaning day when I want something nice and fresh.
- Spiced Apples & Peaches - This is a very strong spicy scent. I quite like it, but I wish the fruity notes came out a bit more. I think this would be even more delicious blended with a vanilla cakey scent of some sort.
- Monkey Bread - I had heard raves about this one so I had to try it! The notes are brown sugar, caramel, walnuts and cinnamon. It's definitely another strongly spicy scent, but the caramel adds an extra sweet kick. Love it, and I've heard it throws really well so I'm excited for this one.
- Cotton Candy Frosting - This smells exactly like those cotton candy body sprays I OD'd on in the 90's. Brings back good memories! I have a Sweet Fixations tart in this scent as well and whatever one throws better I will be ordering more of. Scrumptious!
- Ginger Ale - Hands down, my ultimate FAVE of this order. It is phenomenal! It is a blend of that citrus-y fizzy pop scent with a sweet ginger. So basically, a citrus ginger scent with bubbles. I want to drink this!! Another familiarly nostalgic scent. Ordered a few more of these ones in my second order.
- Blackberry Tea - This one is very heavy on the tea note, and their tea scent is very heavy on the rose. I LOVE rose so I'm quite pleased with it. The blackberry is very faint and adds just a hint of sweetness. I know a lot of people were disappointed in this one because they were looking for more of a blackberry scent but I love it! If you shy away from florals, this is definitely not the scent for you.
- Coconut Blast - A nice, sweet coconut scent. Not one of those freshly-cracked coconut scents but perhaps more of a candied coconut. I like this one a lot and I just hope that it throws well!
- Fig and Melon - I usually associate fig scents as being very deep and green, but I don't get that with this one. It is a very sweet fruity scent that is dominated by the melon. Almost candy-like. Definitely not what I expected and I'm not really digging it. There's something off about it.
- Black Licorice - I have a slight obsession with black licorice scents. Sadly, this is not one of my favorites. I prefer the sweeter, candy like versions of licorice and this is a very strong herbal licorice. I still do like it and I want to blend this with a sweet apple scent for the fall. Licorice + VBN + apple? Could be pretty good, I think!
- Tahitian Orchid - Smells like shampoo. Not a fan.
- Aphrodisiac - I was intrigued by this one because the notes are a blend of fruits and tomato leaf and I love tomato leaf scents. I definitely get the tomato leaf but there's something else in there that isn't agreeing with my nose. I think it may be a bit headache inducing when I melt it. The verdict is still out on this one.
- Rattlesnake Grass - This is a blend of green notes and orange blossom. The orange blossom definitely takes center stage in this one but the green notes are there. Again, there is something in this that feels like it could be headache inducing while melted. This is one of those instances where I hope it's not as strong while warmed as it is on cold sniff.
- Magnolia Blossom - This one is absolutely beautiful. It is a dupe for the now-discontinued Bath and Body Works scent of the same name, which happened to be one of my favorite scents ever. It's a nice sweet floral scent that is very delicate and pleasing to the nose. Even my husband, who isn't a fan of florals, said he liked this one. I may have to order this in some body care products as well!
- Laundry Day - This is one of TDC's most popular scents so I've heard raves about this one. I am not really a fan of laundry scents but I figured I would give it a try anyways. It's definitely nice and I can see why a lot of people like this one. In the end though, I just can't see myself melting this. I'm sure I'll find a good home for it though as many people absolutely love this one.
Here are the clearance 4-packs that I got. When I ordered, I didn't see the link to scent list so I ordered them blind. If I would have seen that scent list beforehand I probably would have gotten a few other ones instead of a few of these. Oh well, they were super cheap so no harm done! They came packaged with curly ribbon but I replaced them with my own twist ties after I opened them to sniff =)
- Cherry Slushie - Ah-ma-zing! This is a fizzy pop scent blended with a sweet, maraschino cherry scent! It smells exactly like cherry pop!! So refreshing.
- Lavender - This is a fantastic herbal lavender scent. I'm not really a fan of all the vendors' "sweet lavender" scents (a.k.a Downy Lavender Vanilla, a.k.a laundry detergent) so I'm so glad to have found a nice, true, herbal lavender.
- Mandarin Coconut - Meh. It has a weird chlorine-like scent to it. Not digging it.
- Island Nectar - This one is okay. It's a blend of tropical fruits and vanillas and musk. Very run-of-the-mill. Double meh.
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake - A very yummy lemon bakery scent. Smells a lot like Tiffany Candles Lemon Poppyseed. I've heard that a lot of their bakery scents tend to be duds so I hope this one does okay when melting!
So that's it for that order. Like I said, I placed another order after this one because I wanted to try a few more scents. Overall, I am pretty pleased with my choices for this order and I'm glad I branched out of my comfort zone a bit. It's nice to switch it up sometimes =)
Have you ordered from TDC? Would love to hear your experiences with their products!
Have a fantastic evening everyone!