The next order I'd like to share with you is my most recent order from Tiffany Candles! Tiffany Candles is based out of Texas and is run by husband and wife team Tiffany and Gary. This is my third order from Tiffany Candles and each time I've had great experience with customer service and quick shipping.
Tiffany recently switched her wax over from a soy blend to straight paraffin. The wax community seems to be very torn on this issue. Some people prefer the old wax and say they got a much better throw from it, while others prefer the new wax and say that the scent throw on the new wax is superior. I've only tried one scent in the new wax (Winter Dreams) and it MOST DEFINITELY had a much better throw than the same scent in the old wax. However, I can't judge the new wax off of one scent so we will have to see once I melt some tarts from this new order. One of the major pros of the new wax is that there is no cure time, and to me that's worth giving it a shot!
I'm very torn on Tiffany Candles in general. On one hand, some of her scents perform very well for me and I quite enjoy them. On the other hand, from some of her scents I have gotten absolutely no throw. Granted, my experiences have been mostly with the old wax but I have heard from several people that her new wax still isn't as strong as they would like. I tend to feel like many of the oils they use are inferior to the oils from other companies. For example, I have had a few scents from this company that smelled like cheap, dollar store candles (Cinnabon, Mrs. Frost, Banana Bread and Cinnaberry, off the top of my head). Sure, you get some hits and misses with every order but these scents were just bad bad bad. Overall, I was pleased with the scents from this order but there are definitely some scents on her list that just are not on par with some of the other vendors I shop from.
For this purchase I decided to order scent shots only, for a few reasons. Even though I love her 3-pack scallop tarts, I decided to go with the scent shots because first of all, they are bigger than the scallop tarts. I know that you get 3 scallop tarts per pack, but I've heard that you still need 2 of her tarts when melting, even in the new wax. Well if you have to melt 2, then you are left with just one of the scent and that drives me nuts! So I figured if I got a good throw from the scent shots then maybe I could eventually go back to the scallop tarts. Does that make sense? I'm still a bit delirious from the flu so forgive me if I'm just babbling along here!
Anyways, despite my qualms about Tiffanys, I decided to place a fairly sizable order to try some new scents as well as my favorites in the new wax. From the time I placed the order to the time it was delivered to my doors was 6 days. Super fast TAT!! Anyways, here's what I ordered!
First up are the samples they sent of two of their upcoming scents:
- Vanilla Sandalwood - I really like this one! It smells very similar to Bath and Body Works/Slatkin Vanilla Sandalwood. I get mostly sandalwood but the vanilla tones it down and makes it a bit creamier. I bet I would like it even better with a bit more vanilla thrown in. Perhaps I'll mix it with a vanilla scent when melting.
- Honey Bunny - This is a dupe of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids scent. LOVE this one! It is a floral honey scent. If you are not a floral person, don't let those notes scare you off. It's such a warm and comforting scent that is loved by many!
Then I ordered the 10-pack of scent shots, and with this option you chose 5 scents and got 2 of each. I decided to go with previously ordered favorites in this set.
- Birthday Bash - This is a blend of birthday cake, marshmallow and Froot Loops. YUM! It's a very creamy, bakery Froot Loops scent. I can't pick out the cake and marshmallow notes on their own, it's a very well-blended scent. Can't wait to melt this one!
- Cheesecake - Tiffany's cheesecake is probably my favorite of all the ones I've tried from other vendors. You get the creamy cheesecake note and the crunchy crust note with the slightest hint of cinnamon. SO GOOD! I had to use all 3 of my scalloped tarts in the old wax to get a scent throw from this so hopefully it will perform better in the new wax because I am in love with this scent!
- Donut Shop - As I have mentioned before, I am OBSESSED with donut scents. There is something about them that smells like you are walking into a bakery! So good! This one is no exception. Tiffany has a line of Donut Shop blends but I and a purist and prefer the original because I get the most cinnamon from that one. I also love cinnamon. Basically, cinnamon scents + donut scents = home run!
- Strawberry Cheesecake - This is definitely an artificial strawberry scent, but I happen to love fake strawberry scents so I'm a fan of this one! I had this in a scent shot in the old wax and it was STROOONGGG so I'm hoping this one performs as well as that one did.
- Blueberry Cheesecake - Yes, another cheesecake scent. This one is a good blend of the blueberry and cheesecake. Had this one in the old wax and it wasn't quite as strong as I would have liked so hopefully this one will work better for me.
Then I have all the individual scent shots that I ordered:
- Paradise - This one is a blend of Strawberry Passion and vanilla. I LOVE this one! I'm a huge fan of the Strawberry Passion scent, as the strawberry in that one is a very unique, green strawberry note with hints of cotton candy. Definitely a hit!
- Cherry Vanilla Zucchini Bread - Ugh, I really need to stop trying with zucchini scents. I absolutely love cherry vanilla scents so I was hoping that the zucchini bread note would take a back seat in this blend. Unfortunately, I get the strong corn chip scent that all zucchini bread notes have to me and only a hint of the cherry vanilla scent. Again, people love zucchini so I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding this one a new home.
- Pink Panties - A blend of Love Spell and Pink Sugar, two favorite scents of mine. I don't think I would ever be caught dead wearing Love Spell as a body scent anymore but I do love smelling it in wax! It's a great blend of the two scents, another winner.
- Strawberry Banana - I was hoping for a scent that was similar to Strawberry Banana Starbursts and I have to say, it's actually pretty close. However, it's very weak off of cold throw. I know that by nature, paraffin gives off much less of a cold throw than soy so I hope it is stronger when it is melting.
- Serendipity Splash - This is one of her new scents, and is a blend of Serendipity (the ever-so-popular cherry and coconut scent) mixed with Pink Sugar, marshmallow and peppermint. I honestly get no marshmallow or Pink Sugar whatsoever from this. All I really smell is the overwhelming smell of her Candy Cane oil (which I HATE, smells like cheap, fake peppermint and crayons) and a hint of Serendipity. Definitely a major miss. Not a fan at all. Yuck yuck yuck!
- ComeOnIWannLeiYa - This is a blend of pineapple, coconut and mango papaya, and is one of Tiffany's most popular blends. I do like this one! I get mainly the mango papaya scent with a slight hint of other tropical fruits. This one is pretty weak off cold throw as well so we shall see once it's melted.
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee - Another favorite in the old wax. Amazing spicy bakery scent with added richness from the "brulee" note. So good. Hoping it performs well in the new wax, as it did great in the old wax for me!
- Coconut - Seems to be a good, fresh coconut scent. However, the scent throw off of cold sniff is almost non-existent so I'm hoping it will be stronger when melting.
- Lemon Cheesecake - A really good bakery lemon scent. The lemon is tart and the cheesecake adds a nice creamy aspect to it. One of the better lemon cheesecake scents I've smelled. Wish I would have gotten two of these!
- Mango Papaya - Love this one! You get notes of both the mango and the papaya in this one. Very tropical and fresh! Not much else to say about this one except for YUM!
- Creamy Fruit Slices - Okay, I almost gagged when I smelled this one. It is a blend of creamy vanilla and fruit slices. I've seen the fruit slices scent with lots of other vendors but I've never smelled it and I'm assuming that is the note that I don't like in this one. Very fake and plastic-y fruit scent. YUCK!!
- Lemon Poppyseed - This is one of my favorite lemon bakery scents ever. Such a great blend of cake and sweet lemon. No "lemon cleaner" notes whatsoever. Another one I should have ordered two of!
- Monkey Kisses - This is a favorite scent of mine from several vendors and Tiffany's smells fantastic! It is a sweet, fruity banana blend. I had it in the old wax and it performed very well so I'm hoping it will do as well in the new wax!
- Coconut Lime Verbena - This is a dupe of the popular Bath and Body Works scent, and it's pretty dead on! Very light scent throw off of cold sniff so hopefully it will do well while it's warming because this is one of my ultimate favorite scents ever!
- Loopy Verbena - This is a house blend of Coconut Lime Verbena and Froot Loops. Yummy! The Coconut Lime Verbena adds a bit of creaminess to Froot Loops while adding a hint of freshness with that verbena note. Really awesome blend, kudos to the person who came up with that one!
- Lime Cheesecake - Yes, yet another cheesecake scent! This is a good blend of lime and cheesecake, and is a bit heavier on the lime note. A good one!
- Cucumber Melon - This is another Bath and Body Works dupe and it smells pretty similar, although not as close as I would have liked. The original seems to be a bit sweeter. This one too is pretty weak off of cold sniff so hopefully it will blossom once it's been melted.
And there we have it folks, my most recent Tiffany's order! Overall, I was generally pleased with the scents that I chose. It is clear that the new wax gives off much less of a cold throw but I expected that so it's no big deal. The real test will be when I melt these bad boys! I will certainly update you all when I have melted them =) The jury is still out on how I feel about Tiffany Candles but I'm feeling optimistic after this order so I am keeping an open mind and am hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised.