Tuesday, February 26, 2013

BeauxSavonsFrais Order - First Impressions and Cold Sniff Reviews

Hey everyone! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I didn't do my weekly wax meltdown this week because I simply didn't have enough to review. I took a few days off of melting last week to clear my nose and slowly eased back into melting again so there really wasn't that much. The few I melted last week will be combined into this Sunday's weekly melts =)

Anyways, I'm back here today to share with you several hauls that I have accumulated over the past week or so. First up is my very first haul from BeauxSavonsFrais!




BeauxSavonsFrais, or BSF as it will know be known here, was a much buzzed about vendor that I had heard so much about, yet never had the chance to order. The owner closed the shop for a few months when she had her baby and reopened for business on February 14th. I placed 2 small orders, one with custom scents and one from her available RTS stock. By the time I got there, the RTS section was pretty much wiped clean but I managed to snag a few things! Today I will be sharing with you my RTS order.

The TAT on this order was about 7 days, which is perfect. I will be waiting quite a while on my custom order I'm sure, since the shop opening was pretty crazy! This order arrived to me a little beat up but nothing was rendered unusable. Most importantly, the tarts smelled great so that trumps everything else in my eyes.

Overall, I'm happy with my BSF order. There's a few scents in here that were a bit disappointing but I'm hoping that with a bit more curing they will be much better. She has some really unique tart shapes in her shop that I've never seen from other vendors such as cereal bowls, rice krispie treats, and Spongebobs! BSF also has some awesome and unique blends in their scent list so I can definitely see myself ordering again if these perform well melted. 

Here's what I ordered:



  • Pink Cherry Sugar Cookie - This was definitely the most beat up product in my order. As you may be able to see, the top tart is pretty crushed. Oh well! This blend smells amazing. I have really been into cherry scents lately so this is right up my alley. I mainly get a sweet cherry scent, but I can smell tiny hints of Pink Sugar and cookies in the background. Really love this one!
  • Nectarine Mint - This one was a bit disappointing. Nectarine Mint is a favorite scent of mine from Bath and Body Works. The B&BW version is a very sweet and juicy nectarine scent with the slightest nuance of fresh mint. Unfortunately, pretty much all I can smell with BSF's version is the base scent of the wax. No bueno. The wax has a strange, almost bakery-like scent akin to Front Porch's base wax scent. Hopefully with a bit more curing the actual scent will come out more.
  • Coconut Vanilla - This is by far my favorite thing that I ordered!! Whenever I order a coconut vanilla scent from a vendor, it always has some other weird note to it. Not this one - it is pure coconut and sweet vanilla. It reminds me of Bath and Body Works' Coconut Vanilla scent, which is by far my favorite CV scent ever. It's rich, creamy, strong and there's no other notes hanging out in this blend. So good. 
  • Strawberry Watermelon Jolly Rancher - These two-toned little gingerbread men are so cute! The scent is decent, it's a lot lighter than what I would expect from a strawberry and watermelon scent. I mostly get the watermelon jolly rancher scent with a bit of strawberry. I can smell the base scent of the wax in this one too. Hopefully that scent will go away when these are melting.
  • Butt Naked/Strawberry Patch - I honestly have no idea where the Butt Naked scent comes in, all I can smell in these little tarts is a very strong strawberry scent. This strawberry is definitely a fake strawberry, similar to Tiffany's Strawberry Passion and other scents in the same vein. That's okay with me though because I love fake strawberry scents. Wishing this had more (well, any) of the Butt Naked fragrance in here. Oh well. 
  • Bubble Gum Soap (freebie) - This smells exactly like bubblegum! I'm not sure I like bubble gum scents in tarts but I'll definitely enjoy using this scent in a little hand soap. 
  • Watermelon Jolly Rancher (freebie) - Pretty much the same sweet watermelon scent that I'm smelling in the blend that I purchased. It's a surprisingly light scent.
  • Loopy Lemon Creme Noel (freebie) - This is my favorite scent in the entire order. I wish I would have ordered this in my custom order! I almost did, but I thought it sounded a bit redundant since Froot Loops smells very lemon-y on its own. Big mistake!! I can smell the lemon cream, the Fruit Loops and the VBN in here. So good and super strong!! Once I'm off my wax ban I will be placing an order for some tarts in this scent for sure. 
~~~~

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for a few more hauls =)

5 comments:

  1. I've had mixed luck with my BSF tarts. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the general consensus that I've gathered. Some people rave about their stuff but I knew a small order was best to give them a try. I refuse to be sucked in by the hype!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see how these melt for you! The gingerbread men are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too! Since some of them have a pour date marked as January, I am going to probably give them a shot soon since they have cured for awhile now.

      Delete
  3. I ordered from Lanie awhile back and had to throw out most due to it being packaged in unsafe bags :( This time most had a light throw. Beautiful but not very scented in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete