Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Bathing Garden Collective February Haul - Cold Sniff Reviews

Oh hey there. Back again to finish up my haul posts! We had a rough day yesterday in the Scholarly Nail household so things were a bit scrambled so forgive me if I seem a bit out of it today. But never fear, I won't leave you guys hanging. I have my lovely Bathing Garden collective February haul to share with you guys today! 

(This picture looked way cooler in my head)

As you may know by now, The Bathing Garden is one of my favorite vendors. Her tarts are beautiful, they are strong, she has unique scent blends and her TAT is pretty quick! She posts new stock every week or so in her etsy shop so I often make a few orders here and there throughout the month as she posts new items. This haul today is actually a combination of two separate orders but I figured I'd post them together because one was fairly small. 

Without further ado, here's what I picked up from The Bathing Garden this month:

  • Raspberry Hearts - This was one of her Valentine's Day scents. It is a blend of strawberry, raspberry and cake. It's really yummy! I get mostly a fresh, tart raspberry scent that is a nice change from the usual sweet and powdery raspberry scents that a lot of vendors have. I can definitely smell a nice background of the cake, with perhaps a slight almond note. This is fantastic and a must for all raspberry lovers!
  • Vintage Circus (freebie) - This is a layered tart with Winter Candy Apple on the bottom and blue cotton candy on the top. I already had this scent in my stash so I passed it on in a Round Robin. Anyways, this smells really good. If you've never smelled Winter Candy Apple before, it does have a bit of a perfume-y note but that is tempered nicely by the cotton candy. 
  • Gardenia Coconut Cream - This is one of the best things I've ever smelled from this company! It's a wonderful, creamy gardenia scent. I can't pick out the coconut per se, but I know that is what is making this blend so fantastic. Perfect for spring! Obsessed. Also picked one of these up for a friend =)
  • Strawberry Hearts - This is a blend of strawberry cotton candy, marshmallow and a chocolate drizzle. It smells really good, almost like a Neopolitan ice cream! I have since stumbled on the perfect Neopolitan ice cream scent ever (details to come soon!) so this is not a favorite, but it's still a nice scent. 
  • Pumpkin Sticky Buns - The rest of the tarts were all in a bundle package so I don't have the exact scent descriptions for these but most of them are pretty self explanatory. The sticky buns is definitely the prominent note here, it's a very sweet and caramel-y scent but the bit of pumpkin spice brings it down to a level I can tolerate and appreciate. Really am digging this one.
  • Frosted Pumpkin - This smells very similar to my beloved Yankee Candle Frosted Pumpkin. Just a really strong spicy pumpkin scent with the slightest hint of maple frosting. My friend Shelby picked up a bar of this for me too. Deeeeeeeeeeeeelish!
  • Honey White Maple and Clove - This is one of the oddest things I have ever smelled. I definitely get a strong honey note but I have no idea what else I'm smelling here. It's not maple and it's not clove. It's a very odd cologne-y scent that is overly sweet at the same time. This is definitely a miss for me.
  • Brown Sugar Cinnamon Donuts - You know me and cinnamon donut scents, I just can't resist! This is pretty much your standard cinnamon donut scent with a hint of extra richness that comes from the brown sugar note. I can't wait to melt this one!
  • Caramel Custard Praline - This smells exactly like buttered popcorn, I'm not really getting too much of a sweetness out of this. I like sweet popcorn scents, and this is just too buttery. Now, if this actually smelled like caramel corn I'd be all over it! 
  • Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake - I just love The Bathing Garden's cheesecake scent! It's so good. If you haven't tried one of their cheesecake blends yet, you must! I mostly smell chocolate in this one, which is okay with me because I love chocolate. It's definitely a favorite of the order.
  • Cinnamon Cookie Dough - This one is pretty heavy on the cinnamon. I'm not getting much of a cookie dough note but that's probably because the tart is sprinkled with cinnamon. I hope I get more of a bakery note out of this when its melting. Still like this one though!
  • Chocolate White Cake - Another chocolate scent that Shannon knocked out of the park. It smells like chocolate frosting to me. Heavenly.
  • Sugared Pie Crust - This is a very light scent right now. I get a faint sweetness and a hint of crunch. Not much else. I've heard good things about this one though so I'll give it the full cure time and a melt before I pass final judgement.
  • Spellbound Slumbers (freebie) - This is another really light scent. The bottom layer on this is blue cotton candy and the top is marshmallow. I'll definitely be using this one to blend and tone down scents that are otherwise too strong or spicy for me. 
~~~~

That's all for now! Last night, TBG restocked with a bunch of new spring and Easter tarts so expect that haul in the next couple of weeks. Heck, expect lots of Bathing Garden from me in general because this is a vendor I always go back to. 


8 comments:

  1. Those are all so gorgeous! Sounds like the chocolate scents were a hit for you! Must mean her chocolate scents are good since those are hit or miss for you! Love the decoration on cinnamon cookie dough, too cute. SO happy to hear that Gardenia Coconut Cream is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so beautiful? I can't wait until my ones from last night are delivered, there's some gorgeous ones in there too. I defintely love The Bathing Garden's chocolate scents! There was one I didn't like, Chocolate Solstice, but the rest have been incredible. The Gardenia one is really a hit! I think you'll like it, the coconut tones down the floral note really well.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh...Chocolate White Cake sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for the ones we scored last night! I have four others that should be here shy day now, Vintage Circus & Strawberry Hearts are two of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for those either! Serendipity Cream Pie is going to be amazing! Oooh can't wait to see what you got!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you got some good stuff! I got Frosted Pumpkin as a sample in my order, and it's amazing! I saw the Vintage Circus in the RR box, it was a nice mix, but super strong, even too strong for me, lol! Raspberry Hearts smells amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Frosted Pumpkin! Yeah, I'm not sure I'm really loving Vintage Circus. I may pass this one one as well. I really like Raspberry Hearts! I was hoping for a bit more of a bakery note with it but it is a good one =)

      Delete