Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Candles by Victoria Haul #2 - Cold Sniff Reviews

Back with another Candles by Victoria haul!



You may remember my last CBV haul where I was less than pleased with the scents that I received. I ordered some bakery scents and a tropical sampler where I got some very random scents that were just not my style. I really wanted to give CBV another shot because I had heard such good things and most of all, I wanted to find a scent worth of getting in a big glitter candle. Well folks, I'm happy to say that I'm absolutely thrilled with this order! I may have even found a scent that is candle worthy =D

Here's what I got:



  • Pop Rocks - This is AMAZING! Definitely my favorite scent of the order (and yes, it is candle-worthy). It is a blend of Fizzy Pop and Pink Sugar. I am currently obsessed with effervescent scents and this Fizzy Pop fragrance smells amazing blended with Pink Sugar. I now will be needing every single soda/Pink Sugar blend that I see.
  • Divine Paradise - Very yummy. It's a blend of yellow cake, cherry, pineapple, pecan and coconut. I smell mostly cherry off of cold sniff but I've heard that the other notes come out more when melting. Love this one!
  • Hell on Heels (freebie) - This was my free scent shot with my order. I was surprised to find that I really like it! It's a blend of all kinds of different fruits and florals. I can't really pick out one specific note but I will tell you that it smells fantastic. 
  • Blushing Peaches - This is another top favorite of the order. It's a blend of peaches, strawberry and vanilla. I can smell all three notes equally. It is truly amazing! I may consider a candle in this scent too!
  • White Nectarine and Pink Coral - This is a very sweet nectarine scent. Almost candy-like. I do like this one but it's not a favorite.
  • Peachy Pink Coral - This is a blend of Blushing Peaches and White Nectarine and Pink Coral. This one smells fantastic! The Blushing Peaches scent cuts down the sweetness of the White Nectarine and Pink Coral. I prefer Blushing Peaches on its own but I really like this one as well.
  • Strawberry Crunch - This reminds me of CFTKR's Strawberry Milk scent but with an added crunch! Maybe like a strawberry cereal drenched in milk. Really yummy!
  • Strawberry Banana Custard - I've been ordering strawberry banana scents from pretty much any vendor that has them lately. This one is really yummy. I smell mostly a strawberry pie scent with crust and then a slight hint of banana. Different from any of the other strawberry banana scents I've smelled thus far. 
  • Pink Cupcake - This is an awesome, strong cupcake scent. It just smells like a straight up cupcake with a strong buttercream frosting note. It reminds me a lot of the Scentsationals Cupcake scent but with a bit more buttercream. Delish!
  • Cantaloupe Lily - Yet another favorite of the order. I definitely get the true, juicy scent of a cantaloupe with a light floral background. Beautiful! Cantaloupes are my favorite melon to eat and I'm glad to have found a scent that is true to life.
  • Trix Are For Kids - This is supposed to smell like Trix cereal. To me, it smells like Fruit Loops with a lot more lime added. It's good but I think I prefer the regular Fruit Loops scent. 
  • Coco Beach Baby Peach - This is a blend of coconut, peach and some other fruity and floral notes. I can definitely smell the peach and coconut, but the other notes add a nice depth to it. Really, really like this one! Peach and coconut are both favorite scents of mine at the moment so this is right up my alley! 
  • Lemon Blackberry Pie - This is divine! I can smell the blackberry and the lemon equally, and I get a pie crust note as well. I have found that I really love CBV's pie crust scent. 
  • Banana Coconut Cream Pie - Another favorite!! This is AMAZING! I'm definitely going to need a candle in this one. I can smell both the banana and coconut in this. The banana is sweet but not candied, and the coconut adds a nice freshness to the blend. I don't get too much of a pie crust note in this one, mostly just the two fruits. 
  • Bath Time With Pooh - This is a dupe for Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids soap. It's a very pretty honey scent with a background of floral. Very relaxing and spa-like. Kind of reminds me of the way Burt's Bees baby products smell.
  • St. Lucia - This one is pretty nice, though not a favorite of the order. It's a blend of honeydew, marshmallow ambrosia and nectarine. I find that most honeydew scents tend to have a floral note to them that I don't love. However, it does smell nice mixed with the other sweet fruity notes. I'll definitely melt this one and see how I like it then.
  • English Ivy - This was really the only one of the order that I didn't care for. I've heard raves about this one so I went ahead and ordered it. It's a strong floral scent that reminds me of a bathroom air freshener. I'll definitely be passing this one on to a new home.
  • Monster Mash - This is a blend of apple, blueberry and a spiced bakery note. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one. I'm starting to realize that I am really picky about my apple scents. I think they have to be blended with some sort of spice for me to like them. This does have a spicy note to it so I think that's why I might like this one. The blueberry note is pretty faint right now so I hope it comes out more when I melt it. 
  • Treasure Island - Really like this one! It is a blend of pineapple, pina colada, mango and coconut milk. It smells like a fruity cocktail! This is getting me excited for my trip to Florida in a few weeks =D
  • Faerie Ring - This is another one I'm not loving. It is a very popular scent amongst CBV lovers but it's just not working for me. It is a blend of Apples & Oaks and Raspberry Violet. I LOVE Raspberry Violet scents so I thought it would be fun to try it blended with another scent. Unfortunately, the apple note isn't tickling my fancy. This is an example of where I don't like apple scents that aren't blended with spice. Next time I'll just get Raspberry Violet on its own.
  • Indonesian Delight - This is another fruity-floral tropical blend. I smell mostly citrus in this one. I do like it but it's not jumping out at me. Maybe I'll like it better when it's being melted.
  • Honey Spice Cake - So good! Even when I'm trying to focus on spring and summer scents in an order, I can never pass up a yummy sounding spicy bakery scent. This one smells like gingerbread drizzled in honey. It is amazing. I will definitely be needing more of this around the holidays later this year.
~~~~

So concludes my latest CBV order. I'm really excited with the majority of these scents and I'm glad I made much better choices this time around. Can't wait to melt these and see how they do.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic rest of your evening!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some awesome scents! In the future, I think I'm gonna try the captain crunch berries scent, I've heard it's awesome! You got lots of your fav fruits! (melons, bananas, peach, lemon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did really well with this order! I need to try a Captain Crunch scent too, I've heard great things about them! I did get lots of my favorite fruits! I'm becoming so predictable lol.

      Delete
    2. Nah not predictable! I just know what you like :P (cocky much? haha). I saw you said you didn't like Monster Mash, what kind of apple is in it? It sounds good to me lol. I'd say give it a try and then you can get your full opinion

      Delete
  2. Banana Coconut Cream Pie is so good! I want a candle too. Need to try Peachy Pink Coral.

    I wasn't a fan of Monster Mash although I know it's popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need a Banana Coconut Cream Pie candle. It's necessary to my well-being. You definitely need to try Peachy Pink Coral, even my husband was raving about that one. Yeah Monster Mash is definitely not my style. I'm sure someone else will love to have it though!

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling over so many over here! Peach scents are one of my favorite fruits, & Banana Coconut Cream pie sounds mouthwatering! Yet another vendor to add to my "to try" list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You definitely need to place and order, and make sure Blushing Peaches and Banana Coconut Cream Pie are on your list! You will love them!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to give CBV another try as well. Peachy Pink Coral, Coco Beach Baby Peach, and Treasure Island sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all awesome for sure!! She has such a huge scent list that sometimes it's hard to pick the right scents. This time around I definitely did =)

      Delete
  5. some of those scents look soooo good! im gonna go check out the website!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty the colors are...never mind how good the scents sound! :)

    ReplyDelete