Saturday, February 9, 2013

Round Robin Picks - Hosted by Shelby Swatches

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend! I'm SO EXCITED about today's post. It is the picks from my very first Round Robin!! It was hosted by my friend Shelby of Shelby Swatches (check out her youtube channel here) and I'm very thankful that she asked me to be a part of it. Thanks Shelby <3 She did a great job organizing everything, and even put extra bags in the box and notes for everyone. So thoughtful!

For those of you who don't know what a Round Robin is (henceforth known as RR), it is a group swap. One person fills a box with lots of wax goodies that they don't want, gathers a group of people to participate, and sends it to the first person on the list. That person takes out what they want, replaces the box with an equal amount of wax (or more, if you're like me) and sends it to the next person. At the end, the box goes back to the person who hosted and they are left with a box full of awesome wax! 

I was the second person to receive this box, and it was chock full o' goodies! I wanted to just keep pretty much the whole box for myself but somehow I found my self control and ended up with 19 things. I replaced the box with probably almost twice that amount! Being that it was my first RR, I was a bit overzealous haha. I hope the people after me enjoy what I put back in =) 

Anyways, thanks again to Shelby for asking me to be a part of this, I had so much fun! I hope to be able to participate in more RRs soon. Hey, maybe I'll even start my own! I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted.

I'm a bit scatterbrained today and I forgot to take a cover picture for this post. So, I will just jump right into what I picked! I'll give some quick cold throw impressions as well.

~~~~



  • The Bathing Garden Cozy Christmas - This one smells so good! I'm not sure what the scent description is but the main note I smell is eggnog. There's also some spices (I'm getting a lot of cinnamon) and some slight hints of bakery. I'm not much of a seasonal melter, meaning I'll melt whatever I feel like no matter the season, so I ended up picking quite a few holiday scents out of the box.
  • Better Homes and Gardens Wild Island Fruit - Love this one! BHG doesn't give official scent descriptions for their wax so anyone's guess on the notes in this is as good as mine. I smell a lot of tart and juicy fruits in here. The picture has pineapples, melon and kiwi on there so we'll go with that. I remember hearing somewhere that this is a dupe for a B&BW candle, so let me know if you know which one it is.
  • ScentSationals Cupcake - I was so excited to see this in there because I just finished up a clamshell in this scent and haven't been able to find it at any of my local Wal-Marts. It's just a nice, creamy cupcake scent with a frosting note. Great for blending and great on its own.
  • ScentSationals Vanilla Bean - This seems to be a much creamier than the last Vanilla Bean clamshell I had. Stronger, too! Another one that will be great for blending. 
  • Granny's Kountry Candles Cinni Minis - This is in the shape of a little cinnamon bun - so cute! It's a really nice cinnamon bun scent. Strong, and with the slightest hint of frosting. Shelby mentioned to me that she enjoyed melting this one so I'm glad she stuck a little one in there. I snatched it right up as soon as I saw it!
  • Front Porch Sweet Potato Pie - I am very picky about my sweet potato scents but this one is awesome! Not as true a sweet potato as Beezy's Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar, but it still really good. I don't get much of a crust note with this one, just a sweet and savory potato scent. Sounds weird, but I swear it's fantastic!
  • Rosegirls Pumpkin Creme Brulee - Amazing! This is a little mini chunk from Rosegirls. It smells like all the other Pumpkin Creme Brulee scents I've smelled, which is okay with me because it is a favorite scent of mine! This will probably be one of the first things I melt from my picks =)
  • Front Porch Sweet Pine Noel - I was SO EXCITED to see this in there. This is one of my favorite scents from Front Porch and by far my favorite pine scent ever. The pine in here is a sweet pine and then the VBN just takes it to the next level. Awesome.
  • Shayz Scents Pumpkin Apples - I have never tried anything from this vendor before so I was thrilled to see it in the RR box. I pretty much smell straight cinnamon in this with a hint of apple. No pumpkin. But that's okay because I love cinnamon and I'm happy with this one =)
  • Blues City Candles Pink Vanilla Buttercream - Another vendor I've never tried! This is a great blend of Pink Sugar and buttercream, I can smell both notes in this. The wax is 100% soy so anyone with a paraffin allergy should look into this vendor. 
  • Beezy Tarts Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake - This is another favorite of mine and I was so excited to see it in the box! I melted my last one of this scent this past week and he's sold out of it at the moment so I was pretty bummed. Lo and behold, the RR box arrives and like magic, there's one of these waiting for me in there! 
  • Granny's Kountry Candles Gingerbread Cinnabon - I'm a huge fan of gingerbread so I couldn't pass this one up. It's a great blend of the two scents and it's very strong off of cold sniff. Delish!
  • Victoria's Designer Creations Pumpkin Muffins - I could not pass up this cute little cupcake!  I should have taken it out of the package to show you all. Trust me - it's adorable! The scent is a great too, a nice pumpkin bakery scent with a hint of spice. A great addition to my ever expanding pumpkin tart collection.
  • Tiffany Candles Coconut & Pineapple (new wax) - I love pineapple scents and I love coconut scents but I often find that I don't like the way the two are blended together. I have not yet met a "pina colada" scent that I like. However, this one is different. I can smell both notes equally and there's no weird booze note to it. Really excited for this one!
  • Ollie's Soaps Elf Sweat - I have heard so many things about the Elf Sweat scent but never tried it for myself. The wax world seems to be divided on their feelings for this scent, some people love it and some people hate it. I for one, LOVE it! It is a strong citrus effervescent note blended with mint. Right up my alley! Can't wait to melt this one.
  • Ten Digit Creations Magnolia Blossom - Another favorite of mine that I was tickled to see in the box. Magnolia Blossom is a dupe for my beloved, now-discontinued Magnolia Blossom fragrance from Bath and Body Works. It is a sweet, creamy floral scent without being too heavy on the floral note. I always recommend this to everyone, even people who hate floral scents.
  • Pics, Petals & Scents Gingerbread Sugar Cookies - This is an awesome blend of sugar cookies and gingerbread. I smell mostly sugar cookie but the gingerbread adds a hint of spice to the blend. It kind of reminds me of those spicy frosted animal crackers for some reason. They're cute too, in the shape of little gingerbread men!
  • Pics, Petals & Scents Pastry Shop - I recently placed my first PPS order and this was one of the scents I got at the suggestion of Shelby, but I couldn't resist grabbing this little scent shot because it smelled so good. The listed notes are apples, blueberries, oranges, and frosting but I mostly smell the apple. Hopefully the other notes come out more when warmed.
  • Pics, Petals & Scents Berry Berry Zinger - This is such a unique scent! It has a note in it that does remind me of a berry zinger tea but with a hint of bakery sweetness. LOVE this!!
~~~~

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my picks from my very first Round Robin! Hope you all have a great night and rest of the weekend <3

6 comments:

  1. Wild Island Fruit is a dupe of BBW Caribbean Escape Cocktails and Coconuts, I mentioned it in one of my videos :) I'm glad you found stuff you liked! Thank you so much for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Caribbean Escape. So good! I love everything! Thank you for letting me participate =)

      Delete
  2. What a great group of picks! I loved doing my first RR and would love to do it again sometime! Your PPS chosen scents sound absolutely amazing, I can't wait to try that company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved doing this RR! It was so much fun. I'm definitely thinking of doing one in the near future, I'll let you know when I do =) PPS is awesome!

      Delete
  3. OMG this RR sounds like amazing fun! Pumpkin Apples?! Sounds awesome! I think I need to make a WalMart trip for wax now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round Robins are so much fun!! I will be a part of a few more in the coming weeks and I hope to start my own soon! Yes, you def. need to hit up Wal-Mart, they have the awesome wax, and it's cheap too!

      Delete