Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Bathing Garden January Haul - Cold Sniff Reviews

I'm back with my last haul of the day from The Bathing Garden



The Bathing Garden is run by a lovely woman named Shannon and she is one of my favorite vendors for several reasons. First of all, these clamshells are GORGEOUS! She decorates each and every one so beautifully. I don't mind undecorated wax, but there is something about Shannon's clamshells that shows that she puts a lot of time and effort into her products and takes pride in her work. Her clamshells are always full to the brim! Also, she has really unique blends that I can't get from any other vendor. Lemon Curd and Rose Milk, Sandalwood Layered Coconut, and Summer Melon and Mint are just a few examples of the countless unique blends that she has. Also, TBG tarts always perform very well for me. The throw is strong, the scent lasts a long time and best of all, they smell fantastic! 

Right now, Shannon is operating through etsy but is working on her own website which will be ready soon! She has been posting tarts as she makes them lately, so all of her stuff has been RTS as of late. However, with the opening of her website, I am under the impression that she will begin to have more stock available. It's fun though to pop onto etsy every few days and see what she has available. 

The Bathing Garden is another vendor I would recommend for people who are new to wax. She doesn't have a whole lot available on her etsy website right now because she is making the transition to the new site. Once that is open, I think it will be a great way for the wax newbies to try some unique and excellent blends that are not available elsewhere.  Sure, I love my Fruit Loops and Pink Sugar blends just like everyone else, but sometimes it's necessary to branch out and try some new things. Also, her TAT is excellent. This post is a combination of 2 different orders and both got to my house within a week of ordering. 

Here are the beautiful tarts that I ordered from The Bathing Garden in the month of January. Enjoy!

~~~~



  • Lemon Cheesecake (x2) - The Bathing Garden is famous for their lemon cheesecake scent. This was actually sold out when I wanted to purchase it, so Shannon was kind enough to make a customer order of them for me. These tarts are dual-layered, with the top a lovely, sweet lemon scent and the bottom is a rich, creamy cheesecake scent. I can see why everyone loves this one. It's SO GOOD.
  • Strawberry Nonsense (freebie) - Another reason why I love TBG is because Shannon is very generous with free samples. She states on her site that she will not be giving away free clamshells anymore, but for the majority of my orders, and the orders that I see from others, she has still been giving away free clamshells. So generous! This scent, however, is not a favorite of mine. It is a blend of strawberry and zucchini bread. Obviously, I'm not a fan of zucchini bread but I can say this this is a nice blend of the two scents. I may even keep this one around and give it a try one day when I'm feeling adventurous.
  • Raspberry Lemonade - Look how pretty this one is with the pink glitter and the little raspberry embed. So cute! This smells different than most Raspberry Lemonade scents I've smelled. It's definitely heavier one the lemonade, which is fine with me! I'll have to give it a try in the warmer to see how I like this one.
  • Cheshire Cat - This is a blend of lemon meringue, vanilla frosting and raspberry. This clamshell is so full that the embed is poking out the clamshell a bit! This one is amazing! I can smell mostly the bakery lemon and vanilla frosting with a hint of raspberry. So good!
  • Ruby Dressed in Red - This is a ruby red grapefruit scent, and by far my favorite grapefruit scent I've ever smelled. It's so tart and juicy! This is what I wish all grapefruit scents smelled like. Divine.
  • Mad Hatter's Tea Party - This is another one of Shannon's most popular blends. It is a lovely mint tea scent.  I know it's hard to see from the picture, but the embed is a cute little tea bag! This one is really nice. I can see why it's a popular one.
  • Guava Berry Gelato (freebie) - This one smells amazing! I almost ordered this one but haven't had much luck with guava scents so I ended up passing. I'm so glad that she sent it to me to try! It's a great sweet berry scent. I am super excited to melt this one.
  • Vintage Circus - This is an awesome two-toned tart. The top is bright blue for the Blue Cotton Candy scent and the bottom is red for the Winter Candy Apple scent. The blue cotton candy is a lighter scent but it blends nicely with the Winter Candy Apple. With layered tarts, it's hard to get the full effect of the scent off of cold throw so I'm curious to see how this will smell when it's melting.
~~~~

Thanks for stopping by today everyone! Hope you've enjoyed these little hauls today. As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments! Have a great day =)



10 comments:

  1. Those are all so gorgeous and sound like wonderful scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! Have you tried any of yours yet? I know I sent you the Lemon Curd and Rose Milk one.

      Delete
    2. I've been wanting to use that one, but I've been waiting for more spring weather! I did use almost the whole clamshell of Spiced Cranberry Cobbler and it was awesome!

      Delete
    3. I wanted to use it up before it wasn't winter anymore and it was perfect for this time of year! A great transition scent!

      Delete
    4. Glad to hear it was a hit! I'm super picky about cranberry scents, I wanted to love that one but it just wasn't working for me.

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I will definitely be ordering from The Bathing Garden soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them!! I'm really excited to see what she will be offering once her site is open.

      Delete