Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Scented Princess Haul #1 - First Impressions and Cold Sniff Reviews

Back again! This time I'm here with a small haul from The Scented Princess. The Scented Princess is another hugely popular vendor right now in the wax world and gets lots of raves from people. So naturally, I was very excited when my order arrived the other day.



The Scented Princess is run by a lady named Dawn, who is very helpful to her customers and very active in the wax community. TSP has a wide variety of wax tarts, from clamshells and scallop tarts to cupcake and ice cream sandwich tarts! She also has candles and bath and body products. One of the awesome things about The Scented Princess, and probably one of the  main reasons why she is so popular, is that for every product, you can blend up to three scents of your choice! I love that! It's so much fun to come up with your own blends. I did mostly blends in this order, and probably will do the same with my next order.

TAT for this order was 3 weeks which was well within her stated TAT time. She is very busy at the moment, and with the fact that she does all kinds of custom blends, 3 weeks is not bad at all. One thing I noticed about this order was that there was a lot of wax residue on the bags from my scalloped tarts. It doesn't necessarily bother me because I know that they will smell just as good when melting, but it does make for some less-than-pretty pictures. But again, I know that it won't affect the product performance, it's just something that I noticed. Also, the bags are kind of flimsy and won't stay sealed. I am going to have to repackage the scalloped tarts. Not a big deal because I always have extra cello bags on hand. 

Overall, I am fairly happy with this order. Their prices are great, TAT was reasonably fast for a custom order, and it's so great to be able to create your own blends! I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed in how a few of the blends turned out. Some seem to be very heavy on one scent and not well balanced. They are nice though. She does have a good variety of scents on her list, and I'm hoping that she will add more fruity scents as it gets closer to spring.

So here's what I purchased! Enjoy =)

~~~~



  • Strawberry Satsuma (my blend) - First off, I want to make note of how HUGE these scallops are. They are about twice the size of normal scallop tarts. They are the size of the palm of my hand! Love that. Anyways, this is a blend of strawberry and satsuma. This smells SO GOOD! Satsuma is definitely the main note here but I can smell a nice undertone of sweet strawberry. I'm hoping the strawberry comes out a bit more after curing. Still really good though!
  • Raspberry Vanilla Bean Noel (my blend) - This one I wasn't the biggest fan of. The raspberry note here is a very powdery, candy-like raspberry. I was hoping for more of a sweet, juicy raspberry. It does smell nice blended with the Vanilla Bean Noel though. It almost reminds me of Lush's Rockstar soap. 
  • Fruity Rings Serendipity (my blend) - OMG this is AMAZING! Serendipity and Fruit Loops are two of my favorite scents, so I figured why not blend them together? The Fruit Loops note is a bit stronger but I definitely get a nice amount of Serendipity as well. Everyone must try this! It's so good!
  • Coconut Lime Verbena, Cotton Candy, and Fruity Rings (my blend) - I definitely smell mostly Coconut Lime Verbena with a hint of Fruit Loops. No cotton candy, although cotton candy scents tend to be very light. Definitely not my favorite of the order. 
  • Blue Sugar and Toasted Marshmallow (my blend) - Of course I had to try a Blue Sugar blend! I can't really smell the toasted marshmallow, but the Blue Sugar definitely smells a bit toned down so I know the marshmallow is doing that. Anything with Blue Sugar is a winner in my book. 
Now onto the clamshells:

  • Day at the Spa - This one is so strange! I think I like it, but there is a note in there that is really throwing me off. It's kind of a plastic-y note but maybe that's coming from the clamshell itself? I have never smelled anything like this scent before. It's a blend of lemongrass, black currant, patchouli and sugar cane. I definitely smell the lemongrass, with hints of all the other notes. It is a very unique spa scent. I think I am going to have to melt this one to get the full experience.
  • Honey Bunny - This is a dupe for Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids. Amazing, love this one! This is a soft powdery floral scent with a hint of sweetness. That may not sound all that appealing, but I assure you, it's amazing! Even if you don't like floral scents, I would recommend this to everyone!
  • Frostbite - I got this after hearing that it was a dupe for Vick's Vap-o-Rub. ALERT ALERT THIS IS NOT VICK'S VAP-O-RUB. It is a wintergreen scent that smells exactly like Pepto Bismol. YUCK! This is my fault, because the description did say wintergreen but I ignored it and trusted what I had heard. Huge mistake! Oh well, I know a lot of people like this scent so I'm sure I'll be able to find a home for it. 
Dawn also sent a cute bag with Valentine's candy, a valentine, and this lovely frosted tart!

  • Black Raspberry Vanilla (freebie) - This is a dupe for Bath and Body Works' Black Raspberry Vanilla scent. It is a nice blend of a slightly floral raspberry scent and vanilla. An old standby. This is just so cute! 
~~~~

So that's my first Scented Princess order! Like I said, I am pretty happy with this order but I was a bit disappointed that the blends weren't as well balanced as I had hoped. I will order again and try out some different scents that I might like better. Have you ordered from this vendor before? What did you think of them?

Be back soon with my last haul of the day!

6 comments:

  1. Seems like you got some interesting blends! Strawberry Satsuma sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberry Satsuma is definitely a favorite of the bunch! I have been getting that blend from every vendor lately =)

      Delete
  2. Very cute sample! You got some fabulous blends...I have an order coming from her soon and I already have another one planned out in my mind! AGGGGHHHH!! Let me know how fruity rings serendipity is while warming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable! I've been plotting out my next order too, it's addicting! I will definitely let you know how Fruity Rings/Serendipity does. I have high hopes for it, it smells amazing off of cold throw!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It smells so good!!! A lot of vendors have that scent, you'll be able to find it at several places =)

      Delete