Monday, February 18, 2013

Candles from the Keeping Room Combined Valentine's Day Week Haul!

Good morning everyone! Before I'm back with my weekly melts, I am going to show you my latest Candles from the Keeping Room order! You all know by now that CFTKR is one of my favorite (if not my very favorite) vendors and she restocked some scents I was looking for last week so I couldn't resist an order! Actually, this is 3 smaller orders. 2 were made on the same day so Carol was gracious enough to combine shipping on those 2 and send them together, and the I made another one a few days later. I am now officially on a wax ban until April so because this will be my last CFTKR order for awhile, I made sure to stock up on some of my favorite scents.

Again, CFTKR uses paraffin wax for their tarts and paraffin wax does tend to give off a lighter scent throw than soy and soy blended wax, so take these cold sniff reviews with a grain of salt. Sometimes paraffin will smell differently when melting than it does cold. 

Anyways, here's what I got! They are all 4 oz. bags with the exception of one. Enjoy =)



  • Acai Berry - I got a sample of this in an order awhile back and I loved it! It is a unique, tart berry scent. It does have a bit of a floral undertone to it but not enough to take away from the fruityness of it. Really love this one.
  • Coconut Strawberry Cake - Wonderful! I smell all the notes in this one - the coconut, the strawberry and the cake. I'm really big into coconut scents right now so the moment I saw this one, I knew it had to be mine!
  • Strawberries and Cream - I'm also obsessed with strawberry scents right now. Strawberries and cream is a favorite, it's a really nice, creamy strawberry blend. Very sweet! 
  • Fresh Picked Strawberries - This one is my husband's favorite strawberry scent! He tried to get me to melt my sample of this one on several occasions and I wouldn't let him until I knew I had a bag of it coming! It's a very true strawberry scent, not overly sweet or tart. Love this one!
  • Cotton Candy Frosting - I got a single of this in my cotton candy sampler and I loved it so much I had to get a bag of it. It smells exactly like cotton candy body spray or cotton candy bubble gum. I think this one would be great on it's own or blended with something else. Fresh Picked Strawberry and Cotton Candy Frosting I bet would be amazing together.
  • Wildberry Mousse and Toasted Marshmallow - My love for Wildberry Mousse scents continues!  I got a cuttable pie in this scent during her reopening and I wanted a bag of it so I can finally melt that pie. It's a great blend of the two scents, not one not overtakes the other. Gorgeous!
  • Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie - Can you believe this is the first time I've tried a Blackberry Jam B.C. scent? I always hear people raving about this scent from various vendors so I picked up a bag to see what all the commotion was about. I really like this one! I can smell a fruity berry note with the buttery cookie note. Yum!
  • Bite Me - This is another favorite of my husband's. It is a fizzy citrus and cherry scent. It smells kind of like a cherry sprite or something. I am in love with effervescent scents and this one is at the top of my list! 
  • Butter Pecan - This one smells like butter pecan ice cream to me! This one is pretty light off of cold sniff so I'm hoping it blossoms when it's melting. I've been into rich, buttery scents lately and this one definitely fits the bill.
  • Cinnamon Struedel - This is the sole 8 oz. bag of the order, only because this was the only size in stock of this scent. Anyways, I melted the sample I had of this the other day and I was blown away! I am a huge fan of cinnamon bakery scents and this one is a new favorite. It has a nice cinnamon scent to it but it's not so strong that you can't smell the flaky, pastry note as well. This will definitely be a staple in my stash.
  • Vanilla Shake - I've heard good things about this one so I went ahead and ordered a bag. I'm really glad I did! It's a nice, creamy vanilla scent with the slightest hint of a crunchy, sugary note. This is another one that will be great for blends!
  • Amish Cinnamon Bread - This is another scent that I received in a sampler in my reopening haul and fell in love with! This is an amazing cinnamon bakery scent. It doesn't have that strong zucchini bread note to it, but more of a sweeter, crisper bready scent if that makes any sense. I gave my friend Dana a sample of this last week and she is currently loving this one as well!
  • Lavender Noel Zucchini - Yes, a zucchini bread scent. No, I am not losing my marbles. This is actually one of the only zucchini bread scents I've ever liked! The ZB note in this is very faint, and adds only a slight bakery note to the blend. The sweet lavender and VBN notes are the stars in this blend. Simply amazing! 
  • Sour Cream Spice Cake - This was the only miss of the order for me. Another one that I had heard good things about but never sniffed for myself. I smell a zucchini bread note in this that is turning me off. ZB is not listed in the notes of this scent but this is what I get! I do smell a nice, spicy scent with this but I'm smelling bread instead of cake. Perhaps I'll have to melt this one to give it a fair shot.
  • Caramelized Banana Cake - Yet another favorite from a sampler. This does smell very similar to their Banana Caramel Cupcake scent, but this one seems to have a bit more of the banana and less of the caramel to my nose. I could be wrong but they smelled different enough for me to warrant getting a bag of this even though I have a huge bag of the cupcake blend =)
And now onto the samples. I am always blown away by Carol's generosity in giving samples. Best of all, she always seems to know what I would like! Keep in mind these samples are from 2 separate orders. 

  • Fruit Loops and Toasted Marshmallow - You just can't go wrong with Froot Loops and marshmallow blended together. This is a nice creamy citrusy blend with that cereal note. Delish!
  • Sugar Milk and Cookies - This is one of CFTKR's most popular scents and I'm so glad to finally be able to try it! I get a nice, crunch cookie note with a sweet milk note as well. I can see why this one is so popular. Love.
  • Banana Nut Bread - As much as I love banana scents, I tend to not like banana nut bread scents (strange, I know). They always have a bit of a soapy note to my nose? This one's not bad but definitely not a favorite.
  • Holiday Treats - This is described as a sugar cookie and VBN noel scent. It brings me back to LSC's Santa Treats which smelled to me like pie crust! The two scents smell very similar and I'm not realizing that that pie crust note I was picking up on in the LSC one is actually more of a VBN scent. Really digging this one!
  • Fresh Picked Strawberries - I requested this one before she restocked a 4 oz bag of it because I really wanted to melt that sample I had! I will be sending this one off to a friend =)
  • Strawberries and Cream - Again, this was requested before she restocked a bag in this scent. My friend will be enjoying this one too now that I have a bag in it.
  • Mojito - This is a really unique scent. I smell the mint but I get a bit of a cologne-y note to it as well. I wouldn't categorize this as a drink scent but more of a fresh scent. Maybe the lime note in this is what is smelling cologne-y to me. Either way, it's a really great scent. Definitely not something that I would have ordered on my own but I'm glad to get the chance to try it!
  • Raspberry Sorbet - Another favorite! This is a nice sweet and tangy raspberry scent with the slightest hint of a candy note. This definitely smells like raspberry sorbet.
  • Coconut Marshmallow - This is one of my all-time favorite scents from CFTKR. The coconut is a freshly cracked coconut scent blended with that sweet toasted marshmallow. It's fresh and sweet at the same time. So, so good.
  • Banana Flapjacks - This one is pretty good. I'm not sure I'm digging the flapjacks note but I can see how other people would! I don't really smell a maple note in it, just more of a batter scent. The banana scent is between a ripe banana and a banana candy. 
  • Banana Caramel Cupcake - As I've mentioned, this is an absolute favorite of mine. Strong caramel note with hints of banana and cake. So yummy!
And as if those samples weren't generous enough, I got two big samples as well! Thank you so much to Carol for these. 

  • Coconut Marshmallow - This is a terrible picture of this gorgeous, huge heart shaped tart! So cute! I should have taken it out of the cello to show you guys. It is in the shape of a valentine, with the ruffled edges and all. So cute! 
  • Strawberry and Toasted Marshmallow (cuttable Fruit Pie) - SO generous of Carol to stick in one of these pies! I can't say enough good things about this one. The pie filling is strawberry and the crust is toasted marshmallow. So good. 
And so concludes my last CFTKR order before my wax ban. Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you all back here a bit later with my weekly melts. Ta ta! 


10 comments:

  1. Carol is so generous with her samples! She picked out some really good scents for you! Also, your order is amazing, and I wish I would have seen that she restocked. Cinnamon Strudel sounds so good. I might have to crack into my coconut marshmallow finally on your recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is. She's always great at picking out scents for people to try, another reason she is at the top of my list. Cinnamon Strudel is amazing, I'd definitely recommend picking up a bag when it's back in stock. And yes, coconut marshmallow is fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Omg I can't even begin to explain how many sound amazing!! I think I need to place a CFTKR order. I have Glazed Cinnamon in my loving room right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to place an order! Her stock is really low right now because her reopening has been such a huge success. Usually she has much more in stock. She is going to be working on remakes now so hopefully a lot of these scents will be back in stock soon =)

      Delete
  3. You got a ton of amazing scents! Luckily you got a lot so you'll be stocked up until April! :) I agree that she did a good job with the samples, they are right on the money with the rest of your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hit the jackpot with this order! I'm definitely glad that I'm all stocked up, but I will be very excited to place another order come April =)

      Delete
  4. I spent like, two hours on the CFTKR site the other day trying to narrow down what I wanted to order but it's too hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is definitely difficult! What kind of scents were you looking for? I've tried tons of her stuff, I can try to make recommendations and steer you in the right direction =)

      Delete