Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rosegirls Haul #1 - First Impressions and Cold Sniff Reviews

Good morning everyone and happy almost weekend! I'm going to jump right into a few hauls that I have for you all today.




First up is my very first Rosegirls haul! Rosegirls is a very popular vendor in the wax world and I'm so glad that I finally got a chance to place an order. Rosegirls generally opens up one day a month, gets slammed with orders, then closes down until they are finished with those orders and opens back up again for a day, and so on and so forth. They are currently closed and probably will not be opening back up until March. I don't mind this system at all but it does mean that you have to  stalk their page a bit for when they open so you can get your order in before they close back up again. I've placed 2 orders with Rosegirls so far and both times I was able to get everything that I wanted so that's a plus. 

Rosegirls is famous for their chunk wax cake melts. Chunk melts are not your normal, run-of-the-mill wax melts. They often combine 2-3 or even more fragrances through the use of smaller wax chunks and then another fragrance is then poured over top of those chunks. Then the chunks are cut into little pieces, and voila! You now have your chunk cake melts. There are a few vendors out there that do chunks but the Rosegirls' ones are among the most beautiful. You'll see what I mean when you see the pictures! Rosegirls also does huge chunk pies, where you get a whole pie sized amount of wax! 

They only downside I can see to Rosegirls is that their wax is fairly expensive. An 8 oz. bag of chunk tarts is $9. Compare that to an 8 oz. bag from a vendor like CFTKR that sells 8 oz. for $5.50, the cost of these adds up pretty quickly. However, for the amount of work that goes into these chunks, the extra cost is definitely worth it. If you're not willing to commit to a $9 bag, they do offer samplers. I believe you get 20 different chunks for $30 plus shipping. It's a great deal! The only thing is, these samplers sell out really quickly so stalking is key! I woke up at about 5:30 AM last Friday so I could snag a sampler. So keep your eyes peeled for that. 

TAT for this order was a little less than 4 weeks, which was well within their stated TAT of 2-5 weeks. I honestly expected to be waiting longer than that based on how many orders they received so I was pleasantly surprised to receive my order in that amount of time. Overall, I am absolutely smitten with this order! I ended up placing a pretty large order when they opened back up again this month (a birthday gift from my awesome parents!), so I can't wait for that one as well. I can see Rosegirls becoming a favorite vendor for sure. They have some really fun and unique blends and their wax is absolutely gorgeous! 

Without further ado, here's my very first Rosegirls order. Enjoy!

~~~~



  • Soothing Lavender Dreams - Because the website is currently closed for ordering, I can't see exactly what components are in these blends. I believe that Soothing Lavender Dreams is a blend of sweet lavender, zucchini bread, and some sort of vanilla bakery scent. This is a really nice blend. I normally prefer herbal lavender scents to sweet ones but it works really well here with the bakery notes. And again, not much of a zucchini bread fan but I like how it is done here. Really a nice blend! 
  • Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake - This is one of Rosegirls' signature blends (it has now been renamed Streuselkuchen). I believe it is a blend of a coffee cake scent with vanilla frosted grahams? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, it's a gorgeous spicy bakery scent. There's some nice sweetness in there from what I'm assuming is the "vanilla frosted" note, then a rich spice and a cakey-bready note. There is no coffee note in here. Really scrumptious! I ordered this is a blend with strawberry in my most recent order, I bet that one smells amazing too!
  • Celtic Moonspice Pancake Batter - This is another great spicy blend. Celtic Moonspice is always a favorite of mine, as it's a great strong, spicy scent. The pancake batter note is hard to describe, I don't really smell much maple to it but it definitely has a batter quality to it. Very unique! My husband doesn't normally like spicy scents but he was in love with this one! 


  • Sweet Lemon Confection, Pink Sugar and Gilligan's Brew - This is an AWESOME blend of lemon, Pink Sugar and coconut (Gilligan's BRew). I can smell each note in this equally, not one overtakes the other. This is awesome because normally Pink Sugar and lemon scents can be quite strong and overpower other notes in a blend, but the coconut shines through nicely in this as well. Love it!! I'm going to try to save this for when summer gets closer but I'm not sure I'll last that long =)
  • Pink Sugar, Blue Sugar and Royal Sugar Cookies - The royal sugar cookie note is the most prominent here. It's not a crunchy cookie note, but more of a sweet cookie note. If you've ever smelled CFTKR's sugar cookie, this is the same scent. The Pink Sugar is the next most prominent note and then I get faint hints of Blue Sugar. You all know my obsession with Blue Sugar so I was hoping that would be more noticeable in this blend. Oh well, it's still a great scent!
  • Florida Key Lime Pie, Serendipity and Vanilla Ice Cream - Another winner. I absolutely love this blend! The key lime note is a touch stronger than the Serendipity in this but I can smell them both. I'm not sure I get a strong note of the vanilla ice cream but it does its job of adding a creamy aspect to this blend. I almost got the blend that was just Key Lime Pie and Serendipity but I'm glad I got the one with the vanilla ice cream as well because it really ties it all together. Lovely!
Here's all the beautiful chunks! 


Clockwise from the top left: Sweet Lemon Confection, Pink Sugar and Gilligan's Brew; Pink Sugar, Blue Sugar and Royal Sugar Cookies; Florida Key Lime Pie, Serendipity and Vanilla Ice Cream; Soothing Lavender Dreams; Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake; and Celtic Moonspice Pancake Batter. 

Here's the two freebies that she sent. Super generous! These chunks are huge.

  • Royal Ice Cream - This is a blend of Royal Sugar Cookies and vanilla ice cream. Really nice! Would be great for blending.  
  • Monster Coffee - This is a blend of their famous Monster Cookie scent with coffee. I'm not a fan of coffee scents but it does smell nice with their Monster Cookie scent. I can tell that I like the Monster Cookie better than the Royal Sugar Cookie scent. MC seems to have more of a crunchy note to it, along with a hint of spice. Really good, even with that coffee note! Coffee lovers, you would love this one. 
~~~~

Thanks for stopping by! Did any scents from this order jump out at you? Have you tried Rosegirls before? I'd love to hear what you think!

Be back soon with another haul =)

15 comments:

  1. Great haul, Jacqui! Everything looks wonderful! Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake and Sweet Lemon Confection, Pink Sugar and Gilligan's Brew look amazing!! Enjoy all your goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are definitely two of my favorites from the order! It's going to be torture to let these cure, I want to melt them all right now =)

      Delete
    2. I don't blame you! I'm sure they'll be awesome :) It's so funny, I've gotten various RG chunks from a destash and I haven't melted any and have given most away because they're so fall-inspired! haha

      Delete
    3. Haha you're definitely a seasonal melter! I'll send you a few chunks of the summery ones in our next swap!

      Delete
    4. You don't have to, but if you insist :P Is there anything you're interested in for our swap in specific??

      Delete
    5. Nothing specific! I've been putting a few things aside that I think you might like. You don't have to send me anything since you just sent me the birthday gift, I can always just send you some things if you'd like =D

      Delete
    6. Oh please, you're crazy if you think I'm gonna let you do that :P

      Delete
  2. Their chunks are so pretty! You got a tong of amazing scents, that Florida Key Lime Pie, Serendipity, and Vanilla Ice Cream blend sounds to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous?! The Key Lime Pie/Serendipity one is definitely a winner. Actually they all are, I hit the jackpot with scents for this order!

      Delete
  3. I think, but I could be wrong, that Soothing Lavender Dreams is a mix of lavender, zuke bread and marshmallow smoothie. I was hoping it would be an herbal lavender but I am glad to hear the scent smells good. I have the Streusel cake coming too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Marshmallow! I was hoping for more of an herbal lavender too but its good nonetheless. The Streusel Cake one is amazing, I bet you will love it!

      Delete
  4. These all sound amazing and they're awesome for the eyes! :p Monkey Coffee sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I wish I would have saved the coffee one for you, I stuck it in the RR box. Hopefully I'll get another coffee scent in the sampler so I can give you one =)

      Delete
  5. I'm newer to Rosegirls, heck I'm newer to melting wax. Is there any place to find what some scents are?

    ReplyDelete