Friday, February 15, 2013

Small CFTKR Haul - Cold Sniff Reviews!

Hey there! Back again with another Candles from the Keeping Room haul! 



This was just for a few random scents that I forgot to pick up when she re-opened at the end of January. I believe I placed this order on her "second re-opening" day. Again, CFTKR is one of my all-time favorite vendors and I am never disappointed with her stuff! If you haven't tried this vendor yet, I highly suggest you check them out ASAP =)

Here's what I purchased:



  • Wildberry Mousse Noel - Wildberry Mousse is a favorite scent of mine, and it smells really great blended with VBN. I always seem to prefer the original but the blends are always great too!
  • Wildberry Mousse - Just plain old, straight up Wildberry Mousse. This is a fantastic creamy mixed berry scent. Everyone needs to smell this at least once in their wax career. I find that it's a pretty universally liked scent,
  • Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies - This is a great lemon cookie blend. It does smell similar to her Frosted Lemon Cookie Snap but with that added zing of the Vanilla Bean Noel. Really like this one!
  • Lemon Pizzelle - This is my favorite of the whole order. For those who don't know, a pizzelle is an italian cookie that is pretty much a flattened out waffle cone. They are my favorite cookies ever! Pizzelles are often flavored with anise, which has a licorice note to it. This scent has that licorice note to it! So excited! Blended with the lemon, this is a great lemon-y cookie scent with a hint of almond and anise. Obsessed!
  • Toasted Marshmallow - I love Carol's marshmallow scent, it's strong, sweet and makes for a great blender! I bought this specifically to blend with the Pumpkin Apple Butter, but I'm sure I'll come up with more blends for this as well.
  • Pumpkin Crunch Cake -  I wanted to pick up a few more pumpkin scents because my stash of pumpkin scents was running a bit love. This one is okay. I smell mostly the "crunch" cake with a hint of super sweet pumpkin. I'm pretty picky about pumpkin scents and this is not a favorite. I'll  melt one to test it out because, as I've mentioned before, paraffin does not give off as much of a cold throw as soy wax does, so I'll have to melt it to get the full experience.
  • Pumpkin Apple Butter - I bought this after melting my Pumpkin Apple Butter Mallow chunk from Sniff My Tarts and falling in love with it. This smells exactly like the pumpkin apple butter oil that SMT  used! I'm so excited to blend this with the toasted marshmallow to try to duplicate that scent.
  • Pumpkin Butter Brulee - I like this one more than the Pumpkin Crunch Cake but it's still not a favorite pumpkin scent. Again, this has that overly sweet, fake pumpkin note that I'm not digging. It does have some spice to it though so that it making it more pleasant to my nose. 
And now the freebies! As always, Carol is super generous with the samples.

  • Rainbow Sherbet - This is a nice, tangy citrus scent. It's not a favorite but I have a friend who may like this one so I'll pass it onto her.
  • Marshmallow & Butter Brickle Pie - This is a new favorite scent from CFTKR and I'm so glad I got an extra! It's super sweet, with that crunchy, caramel-ly butter brickle note and then the marshmallow tones it down a bit. So good!
  • Country Bake Shop - This is nice, general bakery scent. It smells to me like sugar cookies with a soft background of spice. I like this one!
  • Lemon Lifesavers - This really smells like lemon lifesavers! I have no idea how these oils can capture the smell of a lemon hard candy, but it has. Really tangy and tart. Love this one!
  • Lemon Fluff - This is another one of my favorite scents from CFTKR. It's an amazing blend of marshmallow and lemon. I know I've mentioned this, but it's worth mentioning again - Carol has amazing marshmallow scents!
~~~~

That's all for today! I hope you've enjoyed my small little CFTKR haul. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, and so on! Have a great start to your weekend everyone <3


8 comments:

  1. You got lots of awesome goodies! I'm so glad I got wildberry mousse, you make it sound sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I love your reviews! Still haven't had time to get back into the swing of making my own yet (probably after tax season now) but makes me want to get busy again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I bet making candles is so fun =)

      Delete
    2. Candle making can be a lot of fun, especially if you have a friend that likes the finished product hanging out while you do so. The initial expense can get costly quick, but after you experiment and learn the best method that works for you, then after you have all the molds/jars/other needed equipment, you don't have to repurchase again. If you ever decide to start making your own, let me know, I have a few votive molds and stuff I could share with you. :)

      Delete
    3. I'll definitely let you know! I don't see any candle making in my near future but who knows =)

      Delete
  3. This makes me so excited to melt all of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love them!! Her stuff is addicting, I placed yet another order this week that should be here on Monday.

      Delete