Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Round Robin Box #2 - Hosted by sawhite108

Hey there everyone! Happy hump day to you all! Today I'm back here to share with you the second Round Robin box that I participated in. 


Big shout out to Stephanie, a.k.a. sawhite108 (check out her youtube channel here)! Thank you so much for letting me participate, I had a lot of fun <3 It's safe to say that I'm becoming a Round Robin addict!

For those of you just tuning in, a Round Robin is a type of group swap where someone fills up a box with their unloved wax and ships it on to the next person. The next person picks out what they want, puts in some of their unloved wax, ships it on to someone else and so on and so forth. It's so much fun because you get a chance to try vendors and scents that you many not have tried before as well as finding some new favorites from brands you already love. 

Stephanie had told me up front that there would be a lot of Yankee wax in this box, and to be sure to take a good amount of it even if I didn't like the scent so I could exchange it for something else. Boy, she wasn't kidding! There were about 60 or so Yankee tarts in this box. I love Yankee so I didn't mind doing that. I ended up taking out about 20 or so Yankee tarts to exchange and then several other things to keep. 

Here's what I took out:

  • Scentsationals Date Night - This is not a scent I normally would gravitate towards but there is something about this that I absolutely love! The description says that it is a blend of exotic spices and frankincense, but what I smell from this is some sort of spicy men's cologne. It's really nice! My husband really liked this one too, I think it will be nice to melt in the basement in his band room area. 
  • Yankee Rainbow's End - This is a really nice clean scent. Yankee describes it as the balmy scent of clear country air, the peaceful calm after a storm. I'm not too keen on clean scents but I know this is one of Yankee's most sought after discontinued fragrances so I couldn't pass it up. Plus, I loved the rainbow on the label!
  • Yankee Treehouse Memories - This is another scent I wouldn't normally be attracted to, but I was over at a friend's house the other day and she had this melting and I loved it! It's a very incense-y type of scent. I was very excited to see this one in there!
  • Yankee Rainforest - At last, I can finally try Rainforest! You may remember in my first melted reviews post I mentioned that I had purchased a Greenhouse tart mistakenly thinking it was Rainforest. So now I finally get to try it! It's a nice fresh green scent. Very pretty.
  • Yankee Loves Me, Loves Me Not - This is a very fresh, green floral scent. I do like florals but I tend to be pretty picky and this one I did really like. I can smell the fresh cut green stem notes in here along with the floral. It reminds me a bit of my beloved Forget Me Not scent from Ten Digit Creations.
  • Front Porch Cherries Jubilee Ice Cream - This is so yummy! It smells like sweet cherry ice cream with the slightest hint of chocolate. Better yet, these are in cute little mini ice cream scoop shapes. I've never had any shapes from FP besides the donut tarts so I knew I had to grab this one. Husband says this one smells like a cherry cordial! Very rich.
  • Orchid Lake Banana Kiwi - Being the huge banana fan that I am, I couldn't pass this one up. Smelling it again, I'm not really sure that I love it. It has an odd floral scent to it that I'm no loving. I'll have to melt this one to see. I'll give any banana scent a chance!
  • Granny's Kountry Candles Ghost Stories - This is by far my favorite thing I took out of this box. First off, I am a HUGE fan of Halloween. HUGE. My husband and I even had a Halloween themed wedding. I was so excited to see this in there! It smells SO good. It is described as a root beer scent with berries, but there's something more to this. I smell a candied note to it, almost like a licorice note as well. I can't get enough of this. It smells like Halloween! I didn't really realize that Halloween had a smell, but when I smelled it, that was it. So amazing! 
  • Front Porch Pineapple Upside Down Cake - I'm currently on a wax ban so when Front Porch listed some pineapple scents the other day it took all of my self control to not order any of them. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this little guy in the box! I mainly smell the pineapple, with a slight bakery note in the background. So glad I get a chance to try this one without having to place an order. 
  • K's Kreations Serendipity - This vendor has been on my "to try" list for quite some time but I just haven't gotten around to ordering. I was thrilled to see some of her things in the box! This is a great Serendipity scent, smells as good as the others I've tried. It's quite strong off of cold throw.
  • K's Kreations Chocolate Romance - This specific scent was on my K's wishlist so of course I had to try it. I am very picky with my chocolate scents, but this one is a winner! It's chocolate blended with Pink Sugar and Love Spell. I've never smelled a scent like this anywhere. Love it!
  • K's Kreations Pure Christmas - This is a blend of pine and mint. I love both scents on their own and apparently, I love them together as well. The mint has a very menthol-y note to it that blends very well with the pine. Had I seen the scent description of this I probably wouldn't have ordered it but I a glad I have the chance to try it.
  • Haley's Heavenly Scents Cotton Candy - Yet another vendor I have been wanting to try! I have an order in with her but her TAT is pretty long so I probably won't see it for another few weeks. This is a very light cotton candy scent. I can't smell much except a slight hint of sweetness. She uses paraffin wax, I believe, which doesn't give off as strong a scent throw cold. I'm hoping this will perk up when it's melted!
And here's some the Yankee tarts that I took to exchange at the store. Many of them are discontinued scents so I'm not sure how much they're worth. But hey, if I can get a few little goodies from Yankee for these it's worth it =)

Thanks again Stephanie for letting me be a part of your Round Robin! Have a great evening everyone <3

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you picked some good things! Definitely excited to hear your review on the K's tarts and the HHS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely picked up some great stuff in this box!! I'll let you know how those tarts perform for me =)

      Delete
  2. These Round Robins sound so fun!!! I'm do curious about that Halloween scent, how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun!! Once your stash gets bigger and you are willing to part with some of it, let me know and I'll try to hook you up with one!! The Halloween scent is amazing, I can't wait until you're in town so you can test out all of my wax lol!

      Delete
  3. You had a Halloween themed wedding!?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we did!! It was in a barn, we had a bonfire and pumpkins everywhere. It was more "vintage" Halloween themed as opposed to an outright commercialized Halloween situation. So fun =)

      Delete
  4. The Ghost Stories label is the cutest thing ever, and odd because I was just looking up root beer scents last night. Need to keep an eye out for that! I've been avoiding the Treehouse Memories because it smells like men's cologne to me on cold sniff, but I should give it a try. There were a lot of the tarts at the outlet.

    A Halloween themed wedding sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable?! I hope it comes back for Halloween this year. I would not have given Treehouse Memories a second glance until I smelled it in my friend's house. It's really good if you like incense-y scents! Our Halloween wedding was definitely fantastic =D

      Delete